Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
INSANE

Im a girl and i dont know how to apply make up :(

Im 15 and had acne since i was 12(normal?!), anyways...Summer is almost here and im sick of not going out because of me acne. I've been lurking around the forums now for awhile, dans regimen has helped me quite a bit :D.

I came here for make up help.. :redface:. I've NEVER worn make up before and i dont even know how to apply it, or where to start! I have alot of old acne scars i want to cover up. I would really like to start going out now, i mean, high school is suppose to be some of the best years of your life and i dont want to spend the rest of it sitting at home :doubt:. The only time i go OUTSIDE is when im on my way to school. I dont like the stares i get, it make me :( inside. Can someone please recommend me some products? :pray: I have dry skin due to the regimen and my skin color is that of an asian girl, if that matters.

Please help, im at my breaking point. :(:(:(:(

Im 15 and had acne since i was 12(normal?!), anyways...Summer is almost here and im sick of not going out because of me acne. I've been lurking around the forums now for awhile, dans regimen has helped me quite a bit :D.

I came here for make up help.. :redface:. I've NEVER worn make up before and i dont even know how to apply it, or where to start! I have alot of old acne scars i want to cover up. I would really like to start going out now, i mean, high school is suppose to be some of the best years of your life and i dont want to spend the rest of it sitting at home :doubt:. The only time i go OUTSIDE is when im on my way to school. I dont like the stares i get, it make me :( inside. Can someone please recommend me some products? :pray: I have dry skin due to the regimen and my skin color is that of an asian girl, if that matters.

awwww! ya i get wat u mean =] well first question, wat kind of makeup r u looking for? a liquid foundation? powder foundation? or mineral foundation? personally i like the mineral stuff, doesnt break u out, u look super natural unlike liquid which can look cakey and ware of as the day goes by, although alot r pretty expensive, but i use everyday minerals which is very cheap and probably one of the best ive used. they have free samples, so u should check that out, they also have a how to apply section so thats helpful, just check out their website.

then theres the powder foundation, u can find pretty much any where they r usually in little compacts . they r very easy to apply, but i dont think they give a good coverage to me. but u might find one u like.

then theres the dreadedd liquid which is wat i used to use... now i bet u can find a good quality one for u, but i never really could. its pretty simple to apply, i used a makeup sponge, u just dab some on and put it all over ur face and BLEND BLEND BLEND! until u get a good coverage that looks almost natural. with this u can also use a concealer, usually in small tubs or sticks. u use those to dab on individual areas like if u have an active zit or noticiable mark. these r usually REALLY cakey looking to me, but they cover decently. and then top that all off with a powder to reduce shine.

but like i said i recomend the mineral makeup. ive been through alot of different makeups trying to find the right coverage for my skin, and everyday minerals worked the best. its also very healthy for ur skin and looks the most natural, although u have to learn to apply it right.

any way i hope i helped some. :D

Personally, I use Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse. It is easy to use I think and it covers red spots pretty well. You get a make-up sponge, dip it in the mousse (it is not very hard or liquidy, it is nice) and then you just rub it on your face evenly. It's the best make-up I have ever used and I have used Covergirl foundation (which comes right off, but is nice to use as a spot concealer), Clinique, and a few other brands that I can't think of at the moment. I also use some powder though. I prefer the Cover Girl powder the best though, but it doesn't last very long. I feel I am very good at doing foundation and powder, and also concealing my red marks. Even when my acne was severe and I didn't have the best make-up, no one really thought I had severe acne. It takes time though to get good at doing make-up though and you need to try different brands. Not everything is going to work the same for everyone. As for blush, I suck at blush and am not a fan of it. Mascara is another pain and I am not very good with eyeshadow, but it does help to bring focus more to your eyes and away from your red marks. I used to wear it often, but now that I do not have bad acne, I have gotten lazy and just do my foundation and powder.

I know how you feel!!! I have asian skin, and finding a makeup to match is REALLY hard. For your birthday, definitely ask your aunt/mom/SOMEONE who is willing to spend the money on BareMinerals. I think it's great and it covers my acne (I've had it since 5th grade.. haha. I just graduated from 12th, mind you).

If you've never worn makeup, definitely go to a department store and ask them for a free makeover so that way you can learn from the way they put it on you. They're really nice about it :)

High school was still fun though with my acne haha :shifty:

Hmm, i understand that there are 'steps'. But what do i apply first? Liquid then powder? :ghost:

Yeesh, men are lucky

Yeah, liquid then powder is right.

Thanks!

Im heading out to walgreens tomorrow and im gonna wipe out the whole make up department ;)

Go to the library, there are tons of books on applying makeup, with plenty of pics etc. It would probably help the most.. GOOD LUCK :cool:

I don't have many recomendations for foundation and concealer, because i have never mastered either of those. For other makeup to apply, I would really recomend looking for the Almay intense eye color. I have never been good at wearing makeup and making it look natural, but i found these colors really work well together and help make your eyes really stand out. They are also very easy to use, and if I can do it, anyone can learn. :)

Hey! There is this website: www.specktra.net

It has tutorials, face of the days (FOTDS), advice, pretty much everything that covers beauty. Definatly (sp?) check it out. I recently saw a tutorial posted on how to apply Foundation. Hope this helps :)

All of the resources mentioned above are great ideas (library, bookstore, internet, heck...even the mall) for researching make-up application and make-up options.

I personally use BareMinerals and love it! If you don't have the dough for that, then I would suggest a liquid foundation for spot concealing those scars and blemishes. You should pick a foundation that claims to stay put for hours like: "continuous wear" or "colorstay." Otherwise, you will experience nasty streaking b/c regular foundations are designed for constant powder "touch ups" throughout the day. So if you forget to touch-up with powder you get the streaks, but if you remember to powder then you get the cakes. You don't want either of those.

There are 4 basic steps to make-up:

Moisturize, concealer, foundation, loose powder

Before BareMinerals, I would just moisturize, conceal with my colorstay foundation, then apply loose powder. I never liked the idea of using a concealer, then on top of that applying liquid foundation all over the face...that's just too much.

However, with BareMinerals, you don't deal with nasty liquid whatsoever...just creamy minerals in crushed form.

Hope this helps. :D

I learned everything by experimentation.

Here are some tips I have learned:

Makeup looks best over clean skin that has no dryness or flakiness. A great way to reduce flakiness is to apply an alcohol-free toner that includes skin soothers and water-binding agents in its formulation like Nivea Visage Moisturizing Toner. To hydrate the skin, spot treat dry areas with a gentle moisturizer like Dove Sensitive Essentials Daytime Lotion (which has no sunscreen, so a separate sunscreen should be used). Also, many sunscreens are very moisturizing to the skin, like Dove Deep Moisture Lotion with SPF 15.

Blot over your foundation with a clean side of the sponge to blend it; it is OK to swipe your foundation in a downward motion over your face with the sponge if you have too much in one area, but be careful not to wipe it all away.

Concealer can be applied either before or after your foundation. Concealer applied after foundation provides the best coverage, though it can look unnatural and unblended if you are not experienced with the application, which is why many find it easier to apply concealer before foundation, which blends the two products together.

A dusting of powder extends the life of your foundation application. However, if you apply powder frequently your makeup can take on a "caked" appearance. As an alternative to powder, blot (don't wipe) the skin with oil-blotting sheets or tissues to absorb excess oil.

Check out thus link for additional information on makeup and how to apply it:

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/article....PAGETYPE=MAKEUP

A. It's normal you've had acne since you were 12. I've had it since 11, if that helps.

B. Using a liquid concealer and a tinted moisturizer, a cream blush and maybe some mascara, which are all easy to apply, looks fairly natural and covers acne pretty well.

C. If you're dry, use some more/different moisturizer.

Hope that helps, though it won't...

Good Luck!!!

The best advice I can give you...have an extra-girly day! Go get a few magazines and check out some of the looks in them. Oil-free liquid foundation is best. Cream-to-Powder never worked so well for me. But regular powder is good for your oily areas. Just don't go to crazy with the powder, because it can make pimples more noticable. My mom has always told me to pay the most attention to what I like best about my face, which is my eyes, and my lips. Get some really pretty eyeshadow that you like, and some great mascara! I LOVE Maybelline XXL (black & white tube) and Mabelline Turbo Boost in Very Black. Either one of those make your lashes longer, and will open up your eyes. Get a nice lipstick and/or gloss, and you'll be set! I like Maybelline Wet Shine Fusion Lipstick. Have Fun :)