Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sickofmyself

Another accutane thread...

Sorry, I noticed there were a lot. But I have just a few questions.

So I went to my doctor this morning, and she prescribed me accutane. So I'm kind of excited cause I think it will really work for me this time. :D

Tetracycline didn't work. What a piece of @#$^, seriously I suggest no one use it cause it's not worth your time.

However, I forgot to ask my doctor a few things:

-Does anyone know if there is a high chance that if accutane worked for a sibling then it will work for you?

-Also, my doctor said that it is rare that patients get depressed on this product. Once again, with the sibling thing, my brother did however get depressed so does that mean that I might aswell?

-To those that have (or are currently are taking accutane) was/is there a noticable increase or decrease in your appetite in result of taking it?

Thanks so much if you can help me

Hey, I'm about to start Accutane as well. Sorry I can't help with your questions yet. I have a question for you though...do you have the ipledge program in Canada? Do you have to take birth control pills one month prior to your treatment? Thanks in advance!

Hey, I'm about to start Accutane as well. Sorry I can't help with your questions yet. I have a question for you though...do you have the ipledge program in Canada? Do you have to take birth control pills one month prior to your treatment? Thanks in advance!

I'm in Canada but don't know what the iplegde program is. No, I don't have to take BCP, my doctor never mentioned that. I can start right away. I do however, have to take a blood test before I start. Something about checking if your trigliceride/glucose levels are normal. I'm going to do that tomorrow, and then start accutane for the first time tomorrow aswell.

i started using accutane in april, this is my 3rd month and so far things are looking pretty good, at least way better than they used to. anyway, to answer ur questions, no one in my family has tried it so i don't know if it works for a sibling if it will work for you. next question, i personally haven't goten depressed on the medicine, but soemtimes i think it makes me more easily angry (its not too bad though) but just becaus your brother got deppresed doesn't mean that u will to, everyone reacts differently, even if u are related i think. last question, yes there was a noticable increase in my appetite, i usually get hungrier now and i eat a bit more, but i dont think too much of it since im 5' 8'' and only weigh 115 pounds. good luck with the accutane

IPB Image