Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beverly2

anyone done 25% tca peel themselves?

Guest tired of this shish

I'm interested in this too. This is my final plan after CROSS.

In terms of scarring, it didn't do much or anything at all. It did help with the redness from old acne lesions.

In terms of scarring, it didn't do much or anything at all. It did help with the redness from old acne lesions.

is it dangerous if i try this myself? will i scar myself even more? i have done 15% tca peels with no problem

is it dangerous if i try this myself? will i scar myself even more? i have done 15% tca peels with no problem

You can scar from anything.. (a part from tretinoin) so there is always a risk to worsen condition.

i mean i scar with glycolics but not with tca so nobody will know if you will scar.. however if you did 15% peels without problems...

same here... I did a 35% glycolic acid peel and i scarred... I also did a 25% TCA peel before and i applied more than 7 layers... on several days. The results were great! But don't hope for a 100% improvement and the process of having a blushing red face for several days suxs! I suffered from depression for that past few days with the red skin. I keep asking myself whether i am doing something wrong out of impulsiveness... But thank god, it didnt turn out bad. Hope you will have the same results!

You can scar from anything.. (a part from tretinoin) so there is always a risk to worsen condition.

i mean i scar with glycolics but not with tca so nobody will know if you will scar.. however if you did 15% peels without problems...

what do you mean you scared with glycolics? you did a peel and it left you with scars?

Guest tired of this shish

I don't understand how you can scar from a full face peel.

Don't apply too many layers w/ 25%, you could scar and it takes longer to heal. Your skin will stay red for at least 1 week. I only apply 2 layers the most now. Any kind of peel is dangerous and i've gotten burn and scared few times. GLuck.

what do you mean you scared with glycolics? you did a peel and it left you with scars?

Yes

Many thinks glycolic acid is pretty safe but....this is wrong cause..

- glycolic acid is time dipendent.. and you can't measure with frosting..

- Peel is often uneven.. because glycolics particles are very very small and in certain zones they can arrive deeper.. since you neutralize it all in the same time, peel is uneven while tca peels for example stops when arrive in the upper dermis and neutralize itself

- Neutralizing is very important but no many people do it properly.. you have to use water/saline /baking soda for a long time (5 minutes),

- You can reactivate herpes /cold sores after glycolics (and also tretinoin) (as i know this never happened with tca)

- Post care peel is VERY important . many forgot this cause they don't get much crusting.. but in fact you have to put antibiotic cream, vaseline etc etc.

Results are minimal, sides are the same and sometime worse than deeper peels.

does TCA at 25% require neutralizing? (I have heard that TCA 100% is self-neutralizing, does the same go for full facial peels at 25%?)

and finally how many layers is decent for a medium depth peel when using TCA 25%? Keep in mind I dont want any future scarring from the peel, just peeling...7-10 days downtime is okay, its not an issue

thanks!

thanks Esiclene for the explanation... That's was what i experienced with glycolic and the outbreak causes more scarring. That's why I am scared of glycolic. I don't have problem with TCA though...

does TCA at 25% require neutralizing? (I have heard that TCA 100% is self-neutralizing, does the same go for full facial peels at 25%?)

and finally how many layers is decent for a medium depth peel when using TCA 25%? Keep in mind I dont want any future scarring from the peel, just peeling...7-10 days downtime is okay, its not an issue

thanks!