Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mint

A new type of antibiotics???

After trying tetracycline, minocycline and doxycycline my derm deciced to put me on Duricef (or Cefadroxil) which is one of the Cephalosporins (God, those names..) :doh: Anyway - was just wondering if ANYBODY tried this one already, i didnt come across it here. Or maybe you know something. Will appreciate any advice.

Seriously, don't even bother with antibiotics. They rarely work for severe acne (I'm guessing your acne is severe or close to severe cause you posted in this thread) Don't waste your time, I was on all of those for years, and even though my acne isn't even severe, they didn't improve my skin one bit. they actually made them worse, with the sensitivity to sunlight and all.

But then again, I realize that everybodys skin is different. Duricef might work for you, so maybe try it but if you don't see an improvement in 4-6 weeks or so I say just stop with it alltogether regardless what your doctor says.