Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nikki333

Dosage Question on Accutane

I know it is bascially up to my derm. But what do you guys think?

I have been on tane for 3 months. I am doing a 4 month course for moderate acne. The whole 3 months I have been on 80 mg. I weight 110lbs. My question is do you think it would be okay to cut down to 40mg a day. Reason being is the side effects are killing me!!!! I mean I know alot of people start out at 40mg, so would I have the same long term effect if i end with 40mg? Also is anyone doing a 4 moth course, can you get long term results from a 4 month course?

Thanks for your help!!

Hmm, if you've been on it for three months already, and only have one more left, I'd try to stick it out and stay at 80 mg/day. The higher the dose, for the longest amount of time possible is the best insurance against the acne coming back.

I'm not sure how effective a four month course would be. Mine was six months, but my dosage schedule was 40 mg/day first two months, 60 mg/day next three months, 80 mg/day last month. I also weigh 110 lbs.

Hmm, if you've been on it for three months already, and only have one more left, I'd try to stick it out and stay at 80 mg/day. The higher the dose, for the longest amount of time possible is the best insurance against the acne coming back.

I'm not sure how effective a four month course would be. Mine was six months, but my dosage schedule was 40 mg/day first two months, 60 mg/day next three months, 80 mg/day last month. I also weigh 110 lbs.

How long have you been off? Has your acne came back?

80mg a day for 4 months at your weight would put you around 190mg/kg. That is too high in my opinion.

so you think I would be okay with 40mg for the 4th month? Would have a higher chance of relapse?