Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
strawberries

Dont squeeze cysts if they aren't to a head

I did it again. I don't know when i'm gonna learn. I get a cyst and knowing it heals in a couple of days after it's drained, always makes me play with it. The next thing you know nothing but clear comes out and and it's 5 times bigger redder and leaves a nasty scar. I wish I could find a way to balance out my hormones naturally so my face doesn't look deformed.

Hey strawberries,

I had the same thing going for almost a year on a few of mine. They never healed tho. Just kept getting a scab and then the scab would come off and little cysts would stick out. Last week I was surfing (and found this board btw) but I read something that I tried immediately and wow did it make a difference.

Put 2 tsps. of sea salt in 1/2 cup of warm water. Let it dissolve. Wash your face twice with a cotton pad and the sea salt. Rinse it off and put honey on the zit. I am telling you that I have seen more improvement in a week and two days than I have seen since March when I started going to the derm again. I am continuing to do this a few times a day and my pores are smaller than ever too.

Hang in there!

Allie

I stopped playing with mine after having some really bad marks/scar leftover. I found later that Eurocin Gel helped me heal these cyst and no need to squeeze.

I have one at the top of my nose close to the middle of my eyebrows (the rest of my face is mostly clear which is the weird thing. I have mild acne with occasional cysts). Anyway it was small for a while, but then it started to grow. Yesterday night I it pissed me off so I squeezed it. Nothing came out. Absolutely nothing, and it got bigger. I waited like 10 mins and saw it again and saw some clearish/puss filled liquid on the bump. Squeezed it again, and holy crap I've never seen that much gunk in my life. Sorry for being graphic but it was unbelievable. Now I THINK I drained it so I'm not gonna touch it even though it's red and bright as hell. Any predictions on when it'll go away? Is it gonna just revive itself?

Hey strawberries,

I had the same thing going for almost a year on a few of mine. They never healed tho. Just kept getting a scab and then the scab would come off and little cysts would stick out. Last week I was surfing (and found this board btw) but I read something that I tried immediately and wow did it make a difference.

Put 2 tsps. of sea salt in 1/2 cup of warm water. Let it dissolve. Wash your face twice with a cotton pad and the sea salt. Rinse it off and put honey on the zit. I am telling you that I have seen more improvement in a week and two days than I have seen since March when I started going to the derm again. I am continuing to do this a few times a day and my pores are smaller than ever too.

Hang in there!

Allie

What does the honey do?

I stopped playing with mine after having some really bad marks/scar leftover. I found later that Eurocin Gel helped me heal these cyst and no need to squeeze.

Hi, I am new here...

Where do you get Eurocin gel? :think:

THanks!

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Even when a cyst forms a head, i'd suggest only extracting by using a tiny surgical needle and lancing the head. Squeezing only damages the skin more.