Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A few weeks ago I brought up the topic of healing times after surgery (circumcision especially) while on Accutane. Following a phone call with my derm I am very confused.

The conversation started well with me telling him I am going into surgery in a month's time. When I specified what type of surgery he went very blunt, explaining that you need to be off roaccutane for 6 months for surgery. His voice was on the verge of angry and irrate. I got the impression he has some reservations against circumcision which was the reason for his sudden blunt tone. He also deferred the responsibility of the effects to the surgeon saying "if it's fine by him". Is he going OTT or will it really have an effect even if I am off it for 2 months prior?

not sure about this particular topic, but I know it takes much longer for wounds to heal while on tane. for example, they say don't get peircings while on the drug, because it won't heal properly.

hope that helps

Not only does it heal slowly, but the chance of scarring is much much higher.