Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i don't think thats true b/c world if filled with uncaring idiots and well its very common to see people stare and make comments when the yshouldn't and ther is so much more that can ruin/change ur life

well, maybe because your acne is not that bad so you aren't really affected by it - emotionally.

It was very very bad.I had cystic acne.

Now it is all gone.

I am left with blackheads and few pimples and some scars that I hope will go away with time.

I may need one or two scars to be punch elevated.

its true and i feel good regardless of mine, in fact ive become less interested in fighting it lately and more itnerested in the fun things that cause me to break out

acne is not bad unless you you make it bad for your life :D

:think: Although I wouldn't word it quite like that... I think there is some truth to this (depending on the severity of your acne of course.)

IMO people with mild to maybe moderate acne can life their lives just fine if they wish too.

But it is understandable that this may not apply to people with severe acne though, which can be severely debilitating.

acne is not bad unless you you make it bad for your life :D

:think: Although I wouldn't word it quite like that... I think there is some truth to this (depending on the severity of your acne of course.)

IMO people with mild to maybe moderate acne can life their lives just fine if they wish too.

But it is understandable that this may not apply to people with severe acne though, which can be severely debilitating.

your exactly right,

there are to things that make acne bad for a person

1) his actual clinical severity

2) and the individual's perception of his acne

both factors combined is how bad acne is for that person. (i dont like myself when i get too scientific so ill just shut up now)

I love it when people actually agree with my posts!! :D

... It happens so rarely hehe

i often nod when reading a post by you.. i'l tell you next time :P

i am often at a loss for a smiley to express myself...this site could do wit ha few more smileys i think.. although there are some pretty good ones..

well, maybe because your acne is not that bad so you aren't really affected by it - emotionally.

I am left with scars. One is particularly big at least 3.5mm round pitted scar and I still have blackheads

But I have decided not to let it affect me.

I am tall 185 cm (6.1 foot) and have a reasonably good chance of building my body to look good.

When I decide to do scar revision procedure my outlook on life will improve.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Although i'm far nearer clear now, i still get upset by acne because i don't want it to keep flaring up. Had it bad, got rid of alot, then it flared back up again! Now i've finally quelled that and i just want it to improve and improve and improve.

I completely agree with mark regarding the clinical severity and sufferers perception of severity, it hits the issue right on the head IMO.

The only way someone with severe acne is going to live life to the full, is if they truly don't see a problem with thier skin's condition. I'm yet to meet someone of that kind however. I think it's just to rare in todays world, even fairly lax people care some about aesthetic appearance. Society dictates that.

I am tall 185 cm (6.1 foot) and have a reasonably good chance of building my body to look good.

I'm 6'2" and have a fairly athletic body, acne still gets you down. My sister always tells me that acne takes a back seat when guys are built and tall, i don't know though. :think:

Your sister is correct. :clap:

When a guy has other striking visual qualities to him you don't even SEE the acne scars. Seriously!

To me, on a good looking guy acne scars are just normal skin, nothing more nothing less.

...and you know my opinion already, I would probably find the scars sexy rather then a negative thing :shifty: