Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

please take ure time to read this and give me some hopes. k?

guys, this is very depressing. i ve had acne problems since i was in the 7th grade.. and now im out of college and i still have acne.. but the problem is that my body is scarred. there was a time when only my face was visible... had tried medicines from every country in the world... when finally a docor suggested roaccutane.my acne immediately reduced drastically... it was the magic drug. god bless roaccutane.... but then, i couldnt afford to continue that..cause its damn exp..! really!

now, my back and chest are scarred.. even though the acne is gone.. black marks, red marks, scars, depressions... all kinds. feel scared to look at my body in the mirror! srsly.

now, a doctor has suggested MICRODERMABRASION for this. do u think its worth a try? i want some real answers here.. people who have tried. i really need to get rid of this and im am sick of this... its been so many years and i have to be always cautious to see if anyone's lookin or whatever. i want to be free. i dunno what more to say.

can someone just help me out a bit?

thanks a tonne.

Microdermabrasion is absolutely awesome. Do it! What have you got to lose? Seriously, it works really well, if it's done right and all that. Go for it :D

Pilotman, I say you should buy a home dermabration kit and do it yourself. If it doesn't work, at least you''ll be spending a lot less money than what you pay a doctor. I think it might help at least some with all the spots. It's worth a try.

Also, I've already stated that the skinbio Copper peptides seem to really help me so you should use those in conjunction. If I'm not mistaken, they also have a cp body lotion unless you are willing to spend more money and put the regular cp on your body.

Microdermabrasion will do absolutely NOTHING for your scars. It may help with some red marks but you'll definitely be wasting your money with microdermabrasion.

Pilotman, I say you should buy a home dermabration kit and do it yourself. If it doesn't work, at least you''ll be spending a lot less money than what you pay a doctor. I think it might help at least some with all the spots. It's worth a try.

Also, I've already stated that the skinbio Copper peptides seem to really help me so you should use those in conjunction. If I'm not mistaken, they also have a cp body lotion unless you are willing to spend more money and put the regular cp on your body.

How would copper peptides work on body scars?How do you use cooper peptides on the body?

How about an inexpensive way to fix your scars up to 90%? I have suffered from severe depressed acne scars and have seen them improve I would say 85-90% over the course of several months by massaging them daily after I shower. The massaging action boosts collagen formation. You should try Tazorac which has been shown to smooth out the scars. If you massage your skin for 1-2 min. after you apply the Tazorac the scars will heal even faster. Also, try a glycolic acid toner after you shower....that will help smooth out and level out the scars as well. All of this is easy and cheap. Microdermabrasion accomplishes the same massaging action, but is just more expensive. I do know that you will see 85% improvement at least if you are religious about massaging the depressed scars daily for at least 2 minutes and if you apply a topical retinoid like Tazorac 0.1% gel religiously! It really is the only treatment proven by the academic dermatologists to reduce scars...the lasers are a money making thing unfortunately. And microdermabrasion is expensive. Just try massaging!

Greg06, what kind of scars do you have? I was told that after doing subcision and tca cross, the best thing to do is to leave the scars alone so collagen can form properly. The more you scarred skin moves around, the less chance for collagen to form and fill in the scar.

How about an inexpensive way to fix your scars up to 90%? I have suffered from severe depressed acne scars and have seen them improve I would say 85-90% over the course of several months by massaging them daily after I shower. The massaging action boosts collagen formation. You should try Tazorac which has been shown to smooth out the scars. If you massage your skin for 1-2 min. after you apply the Tazorac the scars will heal even faster. Also, try a glycolic acid toner after you shower....that will help smooth out and level out the scars as well. All of this is easy and cheap. Microdermabrasion accomplishes the same massaging action, but is just more expensive. I do know that you will see 85% improvement at least if you are religious about massaging the depressed scars daily for at least 2 minutes and if you apply a topical retinoid like Tazorac 0.1% gel religiously! It really is the only treatment proven by the academic dermatologists to reduce scars...the lasers are a money making thing unfortunately. And microdermabrasion is expensive. Just try massaging!

Is this for real?

FINALLY someone who really knows the "scar fighting" powers of Tazorac gel!!! I TOTALLY agree... my face shoulders and chest were covered in scars and I used tazorac to get rid of them all. It is the only thing I have found that worked for me... Its the most wonderful product out there... I swear by its ability to get rid of scars and redmarks!