Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pilotman

SCRRRED FOR LIFE!--- need help about microdermabrasion

please take ure time to read this and give me some hopes. k?

guys, this is very depressing. i ve had acne problems since i was in the 7th grade.. and now im out of college and i still have acne.. but the problem is that my body is scarred. there was a time when only my face was visible... had tried medicines from every country in the world... when finally a docor suggested roaccutane.my acne immediately reduced drastically... it was the magic drug. god bless roaccutane.... but then, i couldnt afford to continue that..cause its damn exp..! really!

now, my back and chest are scarred.. even though the acne is gone.. black marks, red marks, scars, depressions... all kinds. feel scared to look at my body in the mirror! srsly.

now, a doctor has suggested MICRODERMABRASION for this. do u think its worth a try? i want some real answers here.. people who have tried. i really need to get rid of this and im am sick of this... its been so many years and i have to be always cautious to see if anyone's lookin or whatever. i want to be free. i dunno what more to say.

can someone just help me out a bit?

thanks a tonne.

please take ure time to read this and give me some hopes. k?

guys, this is very depressing. i ve had acne problems since i was in the 7th grade.. and now im out of college and i still have acne.. but the problem is that my body is scarred. there was a time when only my face was visible... had tried medicines from every country in the world... when finally a docor suggested roaccutane.my acne immediately reduced drastically... it was the magic drug. god bless roaccutane.... but then, i couldnt afford to continue that..cause its damn exp..! really!

now, my back and chest are scarred.. even though the acne is gone.. black marks, red marks, scars, depressions... all kinds. feel scared to look at my body in the mirror! srsly.

now, a doctor has suggested MICRODERMABRASION for this. do u think its worth a try? i want some real answers here.. people who have tried. i really need to get rid of this and im am sick of this... its been so many years and i have to be always cautious to see if anyone's lookin or whatever. i want to be free. i dunno what more to say.

can someone just help me out a bit?

thanks a tonne.

I feel like I could have written the same post. I am in the same boat you are. I had the exact same thing. I had a microderm treatment done and it was expensive and not worth it. It made me break out and seemed after it healed it seemed to have made little difference. Its a large area to treat and while some argue that the skin on the body is tougher than that of the face, it is actually quite sensative. I had chemical peels done too, they helped some what, but wont give you what your looking for.

However, I feel that you should really check out the post on sea salt baths. I know what your thinking, I thought the same thing " How is taking a bath and sea salt going to anything for my scared discolored screwed up body, lol". I have been doing them for a month now, and the results are fairly impressive. If you read the original poster's testimony, he experienced a 90% improvement in texture and his discolorations faded too. I have not been doing it as long as he has, but I cant tell you I believe that its possible. There is something about soaking your whole body in a bath full of sea salt that actually works.

So I went on ebay and found a seller who sells 20 pnd bags of Dead Sea Salt ( The Dead Sea is famous for its healing properties, people come from all over the world to soak in it. It has the highest salinity of any sea) Anyways, I get a 20 pnd bag of dead sea salt for about $30 including shipping. I draw an EXTREEMLY hot bath and pour about 3 to 4 cups of the salt in there, and I soak until I am pruned. I even listen to music, light candles and make a relaxing and healing experience out of it. TRUST ME WHEN I TELL YOU THERE IS NOTHING RELAXING ABOUT MICRODERM, CHEMICAL PEELS, OR LASERS. I have had all of those and its a PAINFULL and EXPENSIVE experience.

So before you pay $$$ to have that done, make the small investment in a bag of sea salt, try it for a month and let us all know what you think. I hope I was able to help! I WANT TO BE FREE TOO!!!! I pray one day we all are. There is nothing more degrading and depressing then being trapped in a body like that.

i'm sorry to tell you but sea salt is not going to fix ANY scarring. i would give the fraxel laser a try. it's expensive but from what people say it's giving good results and you can do it on your body.

i plan on getting it done on my face and chest.

I had successful results with microderm. The cosmetics counters at my mall have an esthetician to come monthly and perform microd. When I maintained this monthly, my face looked great!

Estee Lauder has an at home exfoliant called Micro-D or something like that that works pretty well. Lancome has a peel that works well but it is expensive ($145) However, it says that there are eight treatments in the bottle but I have used it at least 15 ( there are only 8 towelettes included but you can wash your face throughly and your fine).

You can also call a local community college that has a cosmetology/esthetician program. The students can perform facials and microderm at a reduced price in comparison to a derm office or spa. It can make a difference if the person knows what they are doing. If you are really scarred, go every 14 days and when your skin improves you can cut back to monthly.