Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
exdox77

Sexual Activity Brings out Breakouts!

Forum Dedicated to Sex Related Acne?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think there should be a forum dedicated to sex related acne?

• Yes
    • No
    • No Commnet

Okay guys I have been on an ongoing trial and error rampage with acne. I tried lots of products and none has seem to work, I decided to go cold turky and quite all regimens and just was my face with good clean water. Then I was still getting about the same amount of breakouts so it wasn't the regimens and they wasn't helping neither. So I stop using all the products, and I did some research about sex since I have been having sex since I can remember, I took sex away for awhile just to see what happen, about 1 month. To my surprize my skin got clearer really clear. Then I started having sex again, then guess what more breakout, I didn't do anything I havn't been doing for the past month except for having sex again. I think its and hormonal inbalance when having sex that throughs everything off and causes breakout. I continued this for additional two months, off and on, sometimes more and less. It always come to the some conclusion and also my face was more oily than usual.

If any was has any comments please feel free to post, I know that it hasn't been linked to acne but think about, sex it addictive and we all do it. I just think it might be a hormonal inbalance that might be able to be corrected.

Hmm, when me and my exbf were 'at it like rabbits' my skin was 100% clear and looking darn good :lol:

So, I guess it depends on the person.

Peoples who's acne is mostly hormonal will experience this more. sadly I'm one of these people. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmit. So this happens to me too. In as quickly as a week I notice the difference in my skin.

another thread on this.

i think we should just make an entire forum dedicated about this one topic just so everyone can go in and share their experiences.

yeah, the thread always dies and then a week later somebody starts up a new thread about it in the same or different forum, ITS CRAZY. CRAZY!

yeah, the thread always dies and then a week later somebody starts up a new thread about it in the same or different forum, ITS CRAZY. CRAZY!

does masturbating affect your acne?

Guys thanks for your input and your opinions. There should be a topic devoted to this as it seems that it comes up quite often. Maybe if there others that feel this way maybe we can email an ask to make a topic about this, since it seems to be a problem with a number of other people and a interesting topic at that. I would also like to know of any suggestion on how either prevent or to reduce breakouts due to sex since the regimen does not work for me and many others.

Oh by the way when I talk about sexual Activity and I mean sex with partner or by yourself (masterbating), its all the same your body still releases the same chemical everytime.

Since this appears alot in the forums I thought maybe I should post something that could show some statiscal value of the readers and there interest on the topic. Vote and maybe someone will see that can devote a forum that is related to it, I think it would be very beneficial to everyone.

no chance of a forum being made for that because of what XpX said!

there is no link

end of

People just want its own forum so all this crap can be round up in one place so these threads don't pollute the rest of the board. I don't believe it was suggested with sincerity.

Guest nec77

God is punishing us for being horny? :eh:

does masturbating affect your acne?

i cant really tell. im like everyone else, just looking for the answer. i dont think it does, but ive never really bothered to stop for 2 months and see what happens.

you can relate acne to anything if your imagination is so inclined

i could relate it to my recent haircut

or the fact i walked barefoot all week an now i got a pimple (im on holiday u see hehe)

but im sure there is no connection

Yeah, uh... i have been having the same problem :mad: , but, i found that if right after your done you put hot water on your face then wash with a cleanser(a good one) rinse with hot water again then rerinse with cold water :D . during sex all your pores open up and because of sweat and all that stuff you get all oily :sick: so, while your pores are open, you wash, but you use the hot water to open the pores more, and the cold seels the pres once you washed them :D . It works for me, but i guess it also depends on the persons skin.

:D breann

Does exist a correlation between sex and acne with girls too?

If such correlation is experienced only by boys (I remember a post about masturbation) then a likely reason is the amount of elements lost through the sperm, one of which being vital to an healthy and protected skin: zinc

You know if you masturbate lot of times daily you can become zinc deficient but there's more ... for boys an high percentage of the essential elements they provide to the body goes to the production of sperm and it's another reason why on average male consume more calories and need higher amount of nutritive elements (except iron) than females

It's also the reason why a period of abstinence increases fertility in males, because less nutrients composing the sperm are lost. If that's the case then this is more a food-acne correlation than a sex-acne correlatiom because you can have all the sex you want as long as you increase your dietary intake of those elements that are lost through ejaculation

Danny

I have to agree with this.

I just graduated and I was so happy bc my skin was just about clear. I had be clearing up slowly for almost a month due to my regimen. Then I went to senior week and had sex, and i broke out alot. I didnt eat a ton of junk food, I actually ate less juink food surprisingly so I cant blame it on that. I did my regimen exactly the same. This happened the first 3 days when I wasnt even out in the sun at all bc it did nothing but rain so I cant blame it on the sun either. This sucks. When Ive fooled around with my boyfriend before I did break out a little, but I thought it was coincidence. I do think its hormonal.

Pedophiles^? Pedophiles arent into teens. Arent they into kids 10 years and younger?? Your talking about another group of people.

Who the hell was asking about d1ck size anyways?

lol seriously...

ide rather have sex and minor breakout then no sex

call me crazy...

if your acne is caused by puberty (horemones)...

it has been proven that sex or mastubation causes acne.

During sex there is a male sex hormone that gets released (even in females), and it has a direct correlation with an increase in sebum production. I cant remember the exact name of the hormone, i think it starts with a t.

anyways, i have seen numerous accounts where my friends who get into relationships, get zits.

the most recent incident, is with my friedn, he hasnt had acne as far as i can tell, then one day he got some zits on his forehead. He later told me that he just got a new girlfriend. Coincidence? maybe. but its happened to about 3 of my friends/ accuaintances.

if your acne is caused by puberty (horemones)...

it has been proven that sex or mastubation causes acne.

During sex there is a male sex hormone that gets released (even in females), and it has a direct correlation with an increase in sebum production. I cant remember the exact name of the hormone, i think it starts with a t.

anyways, i have seen numerous accounts where my friends who get into relationships, get zits.

the most recent incident, is with my friedn, he hasnt had acne as far as i can tell, then one day he got some zits on his forehead. He later told me that he just got a new girlfriend. Coincidence? maybe. but its happened to about 3 of my friends/ accuaintances.

That could easily attributable to stress though. The pressure of the date, impressing the girl/guy and all that. There have been numerous studies linking stress to an increase in acne but there hasn't been anything linking sex/masturbation to acne though. It's most likely a coincidence.

XpX chill ok. While i agree with your concern about pedophiles coming on here, your kind of insulting everyone else here whos just a teen with acne, wondering if sexual activity effect it in any way. Your kind of surpressing people here from talking about their views or experiences on the subject matter, which is pretty much the exact opposite of the purpose of these forums. You posted your worries on this subject, but one post saying the same thing is enough. Not saying i dont agree with your concern, but just that youve stated your point already, and i think all the "pedophiles" on here have gotten the signal taht there not welcome in these forums. Tbh i wouldnt think this site would attract pedeophiles anyway, im sure theres other places out there where they can talk about stuff like that alot easier and freely.

Anyways for my view on the subject, Im not a scientist but i can assume some sort of chemical or hormone in your body is increased or decreased in production in effect of sexual acticty. Since most acne in teens is caused by puberty (hormone changes) as inferno skull has said, i can assume that an increase in production of a hormone in your body, especaially if as infernoskull says directley causes an increase in sebum or oil production, then from all of this I could assume sexual activity would in some way effect acne.

Anywasy from my past experiences, It seems like I do tend to breakout a little a day or two after having sex. But that may very well be from stress too. Either way sex does effect my acne, wether indirectley (because it puts more pressure and stress on me, and the stress causes me to breakout a bit) or directley as contribution to a hormne imbalance.