Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MarkAntony123

2ND ACCUTIMER, A CLEAR LOG OF GOING FROM HELL TO HEAVEN...AGAIN

Hey Guys,

Bit of background, took tane almost a year ago from sept for 5 months until february at max 60mgs because of persistant moderate acne, i have no scars, and all was cool but started breaking out again :wall::wall::wall: , not anywhere near as bad as before but annoyingly enough for me to restart. I wouldnt say i have bad acne now, but the rate at which the new spots are popping up is getting greater everyweek, and now i just a sheer hatred of any pimples, and i want them gone full stop. At the moment i have about 3 actives, my forehead and upper cheeks and nose are clear, in fact the only place i get spots is on my lower cheeks, upper lip and chin, basically anywhere i shave, thats why i get some on my butt, ;) jokes! anyway thats just not good enough, i know im so vein, but what the hell, hate me, ive had acne since i was 12 and i think i deserve a break.

So here goes, 40 mgs per day for about 2 weeka, then 60mgs for about 2-3 weeks, then rounding it off with a 80mgs blast for about 3 months. Sounds good to me. I weigh 70kg and am looking at a cumulative dosage of around 135 mg/kg but might max out to like 140-145mg/kg for total annihilation.

I hope i dont get a bad initial outbreak :pray::pray::pray: , ive got to go to Paris for a week in about 3 weeks, and if im looking like shit i think im inclined just not to go. So cross your fingers and welcome to the show.

My artillery:

Morning,

BP wash - yes i know its not recommended but neither is methamphetamine but loads of people do it (lame excuse lol)

Cetpahil Suncream only when really sunny otherwise i think fuck it

Evening,

BP wash

Cetaphil Moisturiser

Vitamin E capsule but only somtimes

By the way i live in england, and here we drink like fish, so i will be occasionally getting pretty wasted but not as much, like mayb just once or twice a week.

Any questions??????????????

DAY 2

again nothing to report really, i have maybe 2/3 actives - many of you are probably thinking why are you on accutane??? 2 reasons: 1. because i get about 4 or 5 new ones each week, which adds to red marks which contributes to actually having an acne filled face. 2. since coming off accutane and being cool recently the rate of breakouts have worsened so i decided it best just to nip it in the bud and get back on the tane for a while, plus with uni coming up i dont want to look like shit.

i am looking for a good non comodogenic sunscreen in the UK and thats hard, anyone know, is anyone ever going to reply, theres too many people on this board now, im an original acne.org soldier, show me some love!

Oh yeh, after watching the england game i decided to take my accutane pill...with a pint of beer hahaha no jokes.

hey, i dont think you're vain at all. i dont think its crazy that want to go on accutane again if it worked. i know how annoying it is and you just want clear skin! i think everyone here can understand that! good luck and i hope this time you get clear -- for good!

DAY 3 (Still 40mg)

Woke up today after shaving to find i had a maybe 2 new spots pushing through on my left lower cheek :( , maybe the initial breakout is coming through just like it did the first time, in literally the first 10 days, however it appears to be a lot more calm. Thats a good thing about this 2nd course, now i have a substanital amount of stubble to cover up horrid new spots lol until they go. I havent had a massive surge in oil production either which is quite good. :dance: Well, in fact that is only true of the rest of my face bar my nose, its extremely oily, and ive only just noticed it. Before my frist course i had oil always on my whoel t zone, then on the first course obviously all oil went, then after about 4 months of tane, the oil on my nose back back but nowhere else, and here i am on my 2nd course, hopefully the oil on my nose gets fully zapped for good!!!

By the way just wanted to say that isnt me now in the photo, lol, that was me a few months ago before i started breaking out again lol, plus the camera hides a few red marks form before. Look at that gay pose for my prom photo, the ego has landed!

hey whats going on man ?? this is your second course ? i guess im gonna have to do a second course later in life, considering im on day 178 of 80mg a day and just got the worst cyst ever. good luck on the course !!

and how long did it take when you finished your first course to get some sort of moisture back in your skin ?

Hey speakeasy, yeh this is my second time round, although i might add that my acne didnt return to 1/4 of what it was before. When you finish aim to lay off the moisturiser as soon as possible, basically keep moisturising for about a week and then slowly test if you can come off it without undue dryness. I think your skin realy normalises in about a month, for me i had the best skin probably about 3 months off tane but obviously istarted breaking out again lol about 5 months off so!!! I only reached 60mg a day last time and just scraped a 120kg/mg dose but now im maxing out to 80 and hitting at least a 135mg/kg dose for total meltdown of acne!!! I want to look like that 3rd month off again!!! the great thing about coming off accutane is knowing from now on its constant improvement of red marks...basically the advice i would give is try to forget about the red marks and live, then the seem to just fade as tiem flies, one thing though the sun isnt the best for them and a non comodogenic sunscreen would be recommended, heard cetaphil is good!

hey markantony,

good luck for your second course of accutane. I'm sure this time the great results will last forever.. ;) So only a couple of month till you'll have your crystal clear skin back.. :D

All the Best!

cj

Hey Mark, I'll reply here as well as in my log. England werent great in the opener were they? I was watching the game in a very hot bar in cornwall, incidently that weekend I got nuked by the sun. For sunscreen I've just been using whatever I can get my hands on that spf 25+, not unduly worried bout the comodogencity of it while on the roaccutane. Anyway, good luck with your course, I'll be watching the game tuesday night and am a bit worried, how we scraped 2-0 on thursday I dont know...

DAY 4 (Still 40mg)

My skin tone looks awful :evil: , both my lower cheeks are covered with recent acne turned to inflamed red marks, and my skin is real dry :cry: . I dont think its the accutane drying it, i think its the benzoyl peroxide, I have a new red bump on my right cheek, right bang in the middle and it looks so bad. Plus i have 2 weird spots where i never get them. One like like up between my sideburn and ear and one on my lower eyebrow!!! They arent that visible but its just a little freaky. Overall confidence levels are low, i spent so long fading the red marks from the first time only for them to come back again, oh im so pissed off. I had my pill last night with a burger and chips so hopefully maxed out the absorbtion!!! did have a few beers after though :whistle: anyway that doesnt affect the absorbtion does it, just my liver...oh look at that, the vanity, doesnt care about his organs just his face haha, well yeh in some ways thats right, my liver doesnt affect my chances with girls! :lol:

As far as side effects go, im not really having any, my lips are like 1% dryer and thats probably just me trying to notice it.

My plan is to switch to 80mg in 3 days, so thats 1 week 40mg then 80mg, what do you think guys??? I could go 40mg to 60mg??? :think::think::think:

my opinion on your situation here is that you are drinking way too much, it seems, i cant be the one to judge that... but for me when i drank alcohol it made the spots worse... maybe thats a factor.. and maybe y ur acne came back?? its a possibility, im not certain of the reasons. also maybe check your diet?

Out.

Hey nazario, i thought exactly the same thing, that alcohol made my acne worse but thing is i drank alcohol when i was on tane before, and off tane and nothing happened for 4 months, so it cant have been the primary cause right??? Plus loads of my mates drink a lot more than me and dont get spots, therefore, although it may make it worse, it cant be a promary cause. Plus i asked my doc and he said there was no corellation. I still think its not good for my skin but what i reason is, why change my life for acne? i want my skin to improve on my terms if you know what i mean, like if my acne goes i dotn want to be always the sober lame guy at the party cos im worried about spots. Its a tough one but im not really sure myself.

Random thought, im a little worried, if my acne came back again...whats to stop it coming back again again, after my second course? am i going to be plagued with acne forever??? i mean like am i going to be on tane for the rest of my life!!!

Plus, its day 4 and my lips arent dry at all, i have like no side effects, maybe the pills are duds!!! when should i start to get chapped lips? I want dry lips!!!

haha i never thought i would hear someone say "I want chapped lips!"

its only day 4...give it some time! i'm sure your chapped lips will be here soon.

and careful with all that drinking...you can really screw up your liver.

DAY 5 (Took 60mg..should only taken 40 lol)

Got a new active spot, on the left side of my chin, its was like a big red bump when i woke up and now its turn into more of a spot. The spot on my right cheek still lingers and looks like its going to leave a hefty red mark, but its is on its way down. The one near my eyebrow canes! Apart from that the tone of the rest of my skin was quite good today, woke up and after getting in the shower i was major dry, probably the benzoyl peroxide, so i put on some moisturiser.

As for the lips well they seem to be getting drier, which is good - at least i know its working. I hope its not just the fact that the BP wash is drying them or something. Well see in thenext few days, if it gets worse, its the accutane!!! :dance:

Im not feeling too down, but i really want this to work, and im a little worried the pills are duds, probably just my chronic anxiety getting the best of me, lol.

Hey,

Yeah I'm worried about tomoros game, I really watch the germany one as well cos that will have a bearing on the next game. Bench owen and keep flippin Hargreaves off the pitch I say, Lennon, Rooney and crouch up front, Beckham and Gerrard in mid and we have a chance. My lips took bout 5 days to get dry I think so I wouldnt worry too much.

Heyy M,arkAnthony, just about your log name... u know each of us can visit 'Heaven' any time we want :cool: lol.. think about that, :think:

also gd luck with the tane ........ and b sure to watch the england game.

;) take care

DAY 6

My lips are dry thats 100%. What i cant work out if its my BP wash or the isotretinoin, its probably the latter, ive got like lines going down my bottom lip, like ridges. Everyday they're getting dryer. i took 60mg yesterday :whistle: just as a test to see if i got drier, and well yeh, i did. Lol. im not sure whether to stay at 60mg or keep on with 40mg for the full 13-14 days??? I think 40mg would be the most sensible. ;)

Hey TJ yeh dont worry we'll do it.

And nazario, there aint no way im hitting heaven with acne!!!

Anyway im off to watch the england game, come on england!!!

Hey Mark, you may have misunderstood the meaning of 'Heaven' when i said that, n i dnt mean it in a religious way either... nvm though, im also taking 40mg and boosting up to 60 soon... im 60k's though, or 65k when im in training, ive deflated a bit since my injury though :(

anyway gd luck with Tane dude, my bets:

England 2 - 1 Sweden

we'l see....

DAY 7

One week!!! :dance: Wow this 1st week has run like 1,000 times smoother than on my first course, its amazing. Got a new spot yesterday, just above my lip in my moustache yesterday and it itched like a mofo. I put some bp on it and its better today. The 2 actives from last week, the one on my right cheek and left part of chin, well the former has left a HEFTY red mark :evil: which is going to take some months to disappear, but the latter seems to have cleared up pretty quicker with not so much hyperpigmentation. Skin was really dry last night, even where i dont put any BP, so much so i had to moisturize. My lips are pretty chapped aswell. :wacko:

But another thing is i feel like shit, im real tired and seem to have a heavy head, maybe its because of tane but i think i need to cut down on my drinking, i had another 3 pints yesterday with the game and felt pretty sick when i came home, which is unusual, and dont say i told you so nazario!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Im sticking to 40mg for a while longer, i think my body needs time to adjust, i cant believe it when i see these women on this board that must be like 60/65kgs taking 80mg per day!!! thats crazy!?

As for the england game well i think that proved we have no chance of winning the world cup, what a joke we are, joe cole played fantastic and thats without the goal, confident and precise, proving to be world class, but whats lampard doing??? nothing.

Lol, i think England played well man... i think semi-finalists is a possibility. i say semi's and get knocked out by Brazil... who play Argentina in the final...i worked tht out n think it could well happen.

anyway... i think u shud cut back a bit on the drinkin man :razz:

Gd luck.

Ciao.

DAY 7 (Still 40mg)

Ahh, taken a turn for the worst :cry: , i shaved today for the first time in about 6 days and it revealed a lot of red marks i didnt know i had!!! My face looks worse than when i started a week ago and its so annoying, about 3 days ago my skin was looking good - well better. The one big spot i had on my right cheek has left a :evil: DEMON :evil: of a red mark, i mean theres no sign of normal skin there, its almost like a healing cut! Im feeling just to smack up to 80mg a day tomorrow but i think that may just make things worse as it would be too early to dose up, its so hard to keep to the beaten track of 40mgs for 2 weeks. I got france in 2 weeks, man i hope things improve i dont want to go like this!

My lips are getting real dry now, give it like 3-4 days and theyre going to be super dry. My forehead feels tight aswell and ive been itching my head alot.

Man where did it all go wrong, i thought after my first time id be clear forever! how wrong. :wall:

Hang in there man... youll get better... just look to the future and c the results... ull b fine... just stick to wat the derm said and everything will turn out gr8... Good luck man... keep us posted...

P.S im goin back to accutane for the second time in a couple of weeks... just dont want that bad outbreak again... i think i uped the dosage wayyyyyyy to early... like massive jump from 40mg to 80mg... STUPID! :wall::doh: lol

GOOD LUCK AGAIN!

Take care now bye bye then :cool:

AlKaMiMe :D