Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lebal

How long before accutane effects becomes noticable?

Hello. I'm sure its relative to severity of condition and other other factors, but how long was it before people started noticing the effects of accutane. When did peoples inital breakout flare up? When did lip balm start having to be become necessary? etc. And what doses were you on when this occured?

Hello. I'm sure its relative to severity of condition and other other factors, but how long was it before people started noticing the effects of accutane. When did peoples inital breakout flare up? When did lip balm start having to be become necessary? etc. And what doses were you on when this occured?

for me day 8 was the IBO, by week 2 you'll probably need the lip balm. I was

clear by week four. I was on 80 mg @ 120#'s

We all experience different things, you don't know what will happen. Don't talk

yourself into anything.

Best of luck

Once you come off it, my personal experience

3 months with about 2 and half months of skin hell....but damn i look good now :D

was on 60mg for first 2 months, then upped to 80, and staying on 80 in my 4th month now..

posh did your acne stay the whole time u was on tane because i am currently starting mounth 5 and my acne is still present just not as bad...wots your story m8

I didnt breakout at all on accutane and only had a total of about 4 small zits the entire 5 months. I needed lip balm all the time after about two weeks time. My lips were scaley from that point on even with aquaphor twice an hour.

About a week into the treatment for one day my face became extremely oily. It actually looked like I was sweating. It was weird but it only happened one day and after that my face completely dried to the point that I didnt have to wash with more than water.