Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stocko

Should I Give my Face a Rest?

I've been using BP for like 2 years, doing alot of stuff to my face in between, just wondering if I should have a few weeks of everything to stop the irritation.

Even when I wet my face I get dry, thanks for any replies.

I've been using BP for like 2 years, doing alot of stuff to my face in between, just wondering if I should have a few weeks of everything to stop the irritation.

Even when I wet my face I get dry, thanks for any replies.

Im no expert or anything but if your skin is still very dry after 2 years of using bp then something has to be wrong as your skin should be used to the bp after 2 years or it could be something else in your regimen thats is making your skin so dry and irritated.

to be honest my skin has always been dry since using accuntane 7 years ago.

I also consider stopping all BP treatment ... i just dont think its actually helping at all any more.

to be honest my skin has always been dry since using accuntane 7 years ago.

I also consider stopping all BP treatment ... i just dont think its actually helping at all any more.

Before I started using bp I came off Isotrexin gel and tetracycline tablets and I then went straight on to the bp and used too much too quickly and my skin was burnt fairly badly and incredibly dry too so I went to my doctor about it and he said sometimes the best thing for your skin is to just let it alone for a weeks and let it get back to its natural state.I took his advice and let it alone for 3 or 4 weeks and went on the CSR and now my skin is quite clear, you have nothing to lose and a few weeks of not worrying about applying bp gel, the moisturiser and washing twice a day might do you good

Stocko,

you had 2 posts this week complaining of your skin being so oily you couldn't stand it.

Is it dry too???

Maybe you should take a break and just use a gentle unmedicated cleanser and moisturizer only if you need it. Let your skin settle down and see what you have to work with.

i have noticed more results form leaving my face alone and not over washing .. or using any medication .. for the past few days i havent done muchs eeing that it is summer vacation .. and i've only shower once in the mornign and havent done anything else to my face since .. and its actually looking better. i think giving your skin time to heal its self is important ..

im currently on a weeks break from advice by my doctor. He wants to see if im "growing" out of acne. Im not but thats what wants to see.

plus i noticed by face go sore in this hot weather and red, so i wanted to stop for a while anyway.

I currently still use ACT soap to cleanse, but only in the morning (doctor orders) as he says my skin needs to regain natural oils and minerals, that will help scar healing process apparently.

hope that helps

Stocko,

you had 2 posts this week complaining of your skin being so oily you couldn't stand it.

Is it dry too???

Maybe you should take a break and just use a gentle unmedicated cleanser and moisturizer only if you need it. Let your skin settle down and see what you have to work with.

Yes when I wash with a gentle cleasner I get dry. So I have to moisturize. I'm not dry normally, I'm oily, but my oily face gets dry when I wash.

First 6 months I never got anything, so I think my strength has gone. I'm gonna give a week of NOTHING then. Thanks :) Hope the oil doesnt reproduce as I've been seeing some results with that.

im currently on a weeks break from advice by my doctor. He wants to see if im "growing" out of acne. Im not but thats what wants to see.

plus i noticed by face go sore in this hot weather and red, so i wanted to stop for a while anyway.

I currently still use ACT soap to cleanse, but only in the morning (doctor orders) as he says my skin needs to regain natural oils and minerals, that will help scar healing process apparently.

hope that helps

So you only wash in the morning and doing this for a week? Is your irritation decreasing or anything? I'll do this too.

yeah, well i wouldnt say its irritation, more of redness when i get hot.

i wash once a day in the morning with ACT. seems to work along with long exposures to the sun as i play alot of outdioor sports in collage and walk most places.

ill keep updating