Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
katielennon

Yes, I am getting

Next week I have decided that I'm going to get a sun burn to completely clear my skin for a vacation to Florida that I'm going on. I did this last summer and I couldn't believe how clear and glowing my skin was. It was the first time in years I could wear halter tops and such. Best feeling ever walking around in a backless top and not worrying whatsoever. I've also started to eat really healthy and using tea tree oil and 2.5% BP. However, I know there will be the inevitable break out a couple weeks or so later. I was wondering if there was any way to prevent this? Or if I need to possibly use a stronger amount of BP? I'm going to the derm next month but that will probably be too late. And yes, I'm well aware that what I'm doing causes aging, and could make red marks stay longer by the way. Thanks for any help.

P.S. This is my first post, but I've been here for about two years. So, hi.

maybe if you don't BURN the shit out of yourself the first time, but gradually expose yourself little by little and make it a habit....

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Do you realise that the burn wont actually kill acne. There are wavelengths of blue light in the suns spectrum, they are what eradicate P.Acne's. By burning your skin, you are simply doing damage.

If you'd like some actual information on this, let me know. I'm just not going to spend all the time posting it if you're simply one of those radicals, already wasted alot of words on this subject.

Skin is your largest organ, give it some respect.