Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soundchaser

Some way to look at the gain for stopping picking on skin/popping zits

Imagine a medicine that is free, always works, has no side effects, and takes absolutely no time nor discomfort when using it.

What is that medicine?

Stopping the picking on skin and inappropaite zit-popping techniques in front of a mirror.

Also, if a person stares at the mirror 20 minutes a day, then it would be around 10 hours per month ... that amount of time could have been used for a couple of friend meetings/dates, studying for a test, etc... and it's more important avoiding the sadness and anxiety that watching may bring to some.

I've been a victim to both acts, but thinking about these reasons not to do them helped me.

Well, I've heard of a woman was put under hypnosis, so that everytime she'd begin to pick at her face, she'd say the word "scar" and stop. Sounded interesting, not sure if it's too practical.

good post..my acne is generally always very itchy, to the point where it would literally drive me up the wall if i didnt scratch it so i suppose that works like picking coz it often has the same affect, but sure what can i do..i try my best to resist but its painful..

Imagine a medicine that is free, always works, has no side effects, and takes absolutely no time nor discomfort when using it.

What is that medicine?

Stopping the picking on skin and inappropaite zit-popping techniques in front of a mirror.

Also, if a person stares at the mirror 20 minutes a day, then it would be around 10 hours per month ... that amount of time could have been used for a couple of friend meetings/dates, studying for a test, etc... and it's more important avoiding the sadness and anxiety that watching may bring to some.

I've been a victim to both acts, but thinking about these reasons not to do them helped me.

I found allocating time to do things is dangerous. This also induces stress. For example if I said to myself I would finish a particular job like university assignment or shopping in one day and was unable to do it I would get stressed out and frustrated when I was unable to complete the task. Then I would pick my pimples.

It is like some people who chew their nails when they are stressed.

Now I live my life one day at a time.