Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AllAboutTheTane

Time to see if I'm AllAboutTheTane.

Hey everyone. I finally did my bloodtest today and everything came back positive so i'm good to go on Amesteem. My derm prescribed me 80mg/day and i go and pick it up tomorrow. My acne started about 3 years ago and been has persistent as hell ever since. About a year and a half ago it became severe. I had nodules all under my chin and huge ones on my shoulders and back. I have several keloids on my chest and shoulders from when it was at its worst. I chose accutane because everything else i have taken has failed. Though my skin has improved somewhat my confidence hasn't and probably won't until i'm clear and rid of this garbage. I hope this will help me. :pray:

Things i have tried:

Proactive

Tetracycline

Doxicycline

Minocylcline

4% Benzoyl Peroxide Wash

8% Benzoyl Peroxide Wash

4% Benzoyl Peroxide Gel

.025% Tretinoin

.1% Tretinoin

I'll try and post updates on a regular basis. Thanks for everyone's support.

Good luck with your course. Get ready for some major dry lips, nose, and eyes if you wear contacts. I'm on week 3.

Day 1

Just took my first pill. I'm feeling pretty nervous right now but i know its for the best. No real break outs right now. I hope my initial breakout isn't devastating. :pray:

I also have some pictures posted of my face. I could put some of my back too if anyone really cares to see.

whatever happens, dont get too frustrated in the first couple of weeks. The dryness does suck, im in week three as well and it's still here, but you get used to it. Hopefully by next week you'll start seeing a little improvement, and hopefully your IB wont be too bad. Good luck with it!

Hey Congrats on starting accutane! It will work for you :) The side effects do stink bigtime, but its nothing compared to suffering with acne everyday of your life. I wish you the best! :cool:

Day 2 &3

Yesterday i was really tired for some reason, maybe from the medicine but i'm not sure. No real breaking out yet. Today was pretty much the same. I have something thats developing between my eyebrows thats pretty painful but i dont think its a nodule or cyst so i'm not really worried. I'm a little worried about the IB just because my face has been doing well and i'm getting used to the clearness. :shifty:

Good luck!!

I'm so nervous I start in July.....

I so scared of the IB because my bf (well, not bf...it's complicated..lol) is leaving for the military in the end if Aug and I'm afraid if my face gets bad I won't want him to see me like that...

I'm sure you'll clear up wonderfully!!!

Day 4

My face looked alright today. No real pimples or anything except one or two. The only problems were that my aunt told that my face seemed unusually red today so i guess my face is flushing. I'm also shedding skin like crazy.

Day 5

Thanks for replies everyone, keep them coming.

I think the reason my face was shedding was b/c i must have gotten a sunburn. It seemed a little red but i didn't think twice about a sunburn b/c it didn't hurt. Oops on my part. :doh:

I'm getting alittle breakout around my chin but so far no IB. I think around week 3 is when you'll see me pissing and moaning about my IB. I want to be in month 5 right now so bad. I'm ready to get this shit over with.

Day 6

My chin and the corners of my nose hurt. My chin hurts pretty bad from 2 massive zits that have developed. I've also been getting stomach aches. No real IB yet, probably another 2 weeks before that happens.

Sup matey...

We started on the same day! My log is also in here, have a gander if ya want...

Good luck with it all as well. I'm starting to break out now on my 6th day I think....oh well I've put up with this for ages I can last a little longer!

Day 7

Today i didn't wake up with 1 or 2 zits but 11! About 3 of which packed some pain. I've gotten real good at not popping my whiteheads but today there was no way i was going into public with 11 zits. My nose is real flaky and i can't tell if its from a sunburn or the medicine taking effect. Corners of my nose still hirt also.

Thanks for reply matey!

Day 8

Lips a little dry today. I think i'm developing a nodule right below the right corner of my lip. It may be a little soon but i think my IB may be finally coming around. All of my breakout is concentrated around my chin all the way up to my nose. I'm starting to get a little irritated but thats expected because i don't know anyone who is happy about a break out. Anywho, i started a new face wash Liquid Neutrogena face wash. It states on the box that its mild so i went with it. I'm also still using Benzoyl Peroxide 4% applicant.

IPB Image

Day 9

My face hurt pretty bad today. Lips a little dryer now. But the one thing that i can't hardly stand is the fucking itching!!!!!!!!! I'm surprised i've hardly heard anything about the itching people have. It's almost worse than the pain. It's all over my face and it never goes away. It's weird because my face isn't really even that dry yet. My breakout is about what i expected but i forgot about how painful some of these bastards on my face can be.

Day 10

Face looks about the same. I have another big zit forming below the right corner of my nose and one on my upper lip, both hurt. The zit below the corner of my lip finally died down. Unfotunately i have what i believe to be a up and coming nodule on my left cheek bone. The reason i think its one is because i never get regular zits there. The redness from it will take months to go away. I'll try to post some pictures of it to show what it looks like before the devastation. Other than that i figure that i have a few more weeks until my breakouts fizzle out and i'll be on the path to clearness, hopefully.

Thanks for replies Aussie and Dream!

Thanks for replies Aussie and Dream!

You're welcome ;)

Ugh I hate nodules, hopefully Accutane will take care of it & dry it up before it has a chance to get any bigger :comfort:

Day 11

Not much change today. Nodule still developing on my cheek bone. Itching still bad. I hope that this is my IB because i'm getting real tired of staying in my room all the time.

Day 11

Not much change today. Nodule still developing on my cheek bone. Itching still bad. I hope that this is my IB because i'm getting real tired of staying in my room all the time.

Yeah, hopefully tane will dry the nodule out before it gets big. I have had about 6new inflamed spots and a couple of new pustlules since starting tane (20days ago) and they don't last that long and seem to die back down pretty quickly...I'm also using neosporin on them too though so that probably helps.

Are you experiancing many other side effects?

Lucy xx

Day 12, 13 & 14

My face has cleared up from the breakout that i had a week ago. I'm not sure if that was my IB or not because i'm still getting some zits here and there. Otherwise everything has been pretty good. I seem to let myself get negative alot and i always think that i'm going to get the worst side-effects but other than my hypochondria everything has gone as planned. I can't wait to get back to my doc so that he can provide me with some more insight so that i don't stress out all the time.

Hey Lucinda, only side-effects for me are dry lips right now. I had a headache that lasted all day the other day and i had a pretty good stomach ache last night. Those may have been from the medicine but i doubt it. What are your side-effects?

Hey AllAboutTheTane,

We're pretty much experiencing the same thing right now, I was breaking out last week also but this week everything seems to be dying down and all I have right now is the dry skin/hair & lips and some headaches. Wouldn't it be nice if this is how things are for the next few months? :D

Day 15

Dry lips, dry hair, dry face. Everything is starting to get dry. Unfortunately i can see and feel another breakout on the way but hopefully it will calm down soon. I also have another nodule on my upper back near my neck. The corners of my nose are probably one of the more dry parts on my entire body. Oh yeah, also very itchy on my back and face.

Yes DreamGrl it would. I hope my face clears up soon so the only thing i have to worry about are the side-effects. Please Work! :pray:

Hey AllAboutTheTane (& DreamGirl!)

I've had my IB (I hope), really bad breakout on my forehead. One large pimple cyst thingy had three whiteheads on it.

I've been getting the headaches and stomach aches too, especially last weekend when I drank alcohol for the first time on 'tane. Not good.

Good luck both of you, lets keep up the encouragement - and look forward to better days ay?