Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BornFree

Help with cleansers! Eucerin? Biore? Cetaphil?

With all of these cleansers it's difficult to pick one! I was wondering if anybody could reccomend one of the three to me. If not one of these three, then an alternative. Thanks.

You'll be surprised, but the Eucerin Baby Aquaphor is a great, gentle cleanser for the face! I also just ordered Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Cleanser which is very gentle as well. Here's links to both:

http://www.eucerinus.com/products/baby_aquawash.html

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/shop/category2...PE=1&PAGETYPE=S

Avoid any cleanser with a cooling, stinging, or tingling sensation, as these likely contain skin irritants and can make your skin worse.

All of them are likely to be fine, and although I've neer used it myself the biore one is meant to be very mild, so if you have particullary sensitive skin this may be the best choice :)

All of them are likely to be fine, and although I've neer used it myself the biore one is meant to be very mild, so if you have particullary sensitive skin this may be the best choice :)

I found that Biore cleansers were rather irritating for my skin, which one was it that you heard good reviews about?

I'm referring to the biore pore perfecting one that a lot a UK'ers use and seem to like, maybe it could have been a different one you tried. But I supose evevryones skin reacts in different ways to different ingredients! :)

BornFree, where do you live?

Considering your other post, I think a cleanser that is fairly portable would be the best thing for you. If your skin is typically oily, then a bar cleanser might be fine and can travel in a little soap travel case. If your skin is usually on the dry side then one of the liquid cleansers is usually a better choice.

Cleanser choice is one of those things that tends to be subjective. While I might really love one product, another person may hate it. So, pick one that you think you would like and that you could take with you.

Dan has a list of recommended cleansers that we know works well with the Regimen.

http://www.acne.org/findingsupplies.php

I wouldn't get a bar cleanser. These always contain harsh cleansing agents (which can prematurely kill skin cells and litter the skin with more dead skin than it can slough off), typically have alkaline pHs (which encourages bacterial growth), and the ingredients that keep them in bar form can absorb into the skin to clog pores. The better bar cleansers contain glycerin or similar ingredients to diminish the effects of the harsh cleansing agents, but the glycerin does not solve the other problems associated with bar cleansers.

If you prefer a liquid cleanser then my favorite (other than Dan's new cleanser) is Purpose Gentle Cleanser. It is in a pump bottle and it works very well with the Regimen.

Otherwise, Dan's new CSR Gentle Cleanser will be available soon, you can consider that for in the future. It is fabulous and will last a long time!