Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sugars

New to CSR- make up question- please help!

I'm planning to start Dan's CSR soon and am so confused about the make-up and skin care stuff! Please help!

I've had bad skin for about ten years! :doubt::cry: Right now I use St. Ives Apricot Radiance Blemish Fighting Cleanser, Clean & Clear Dual Action moisturizer, Almay Clear Complexion pressed powder, Almay Clear Complexion Concealer, L'Oreal True Match blush, and Pan Oxyl (benzoyl peroxide 10%, only at night, not consistently.)

Almost ALL of those make-up products contain salycilic acid!!! :( And I haven't been able to keep my skin clear with them, so I guess it's not working. :( So when I try Dan's regimen, I was PLANNING to get the Purpose cleanser, cetaphil moisturizer, and replace all the make-up that has the salycilic acid. Is this a really bad idea??????

I'm SO TIRED of having bad skin ALL THE TIME at 27 years of age. :( Oh, by the way, I recently also switched from a birth control pill to the NuvaRing. I love the convenience of it, but my skin has been breaking out more than it did on the pill. :(

Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!! :)

Guest blackheadben

I don't think that your makeup will bother you because makeup usually doesn't have enough SA in it to even really be effective. However, you may not want to use medicated makeup for the first few weeks on the regimen in order to see how it really effects your skin. Remember: add only one product at a time to it. ;)

Sorry to be so dense, but almost EVERYTHING will be new for me-- new cleanser, new moisturizer, etc. Should I use my SA stuff and replace them one by one with the recommended products, or should I start fresh with the new stuff and the BP gel?

I am on the Regimen and I have used Almay Smart Shade successfully as well as Maybelline PURE, both work well with the Regimen and are oil-free and not medicated with anything. My fav is the Almay Smart Shade.

I also use Cover Girl pressed powder (in the silver compact) it is oil-free and non-comedogenic as well.

one tip that I found to help foundation go on smoother over topical acne medications is to use those cosmetic wedge sponges. They work fabulously!

Thanks for your response Brandy. Today I bought the Clean & Clear sensitive skin foaming facial cleanser (it has the same ingredients as the Purpose stuff), the standard Cetaphil lotion, and a bunch of new make-up...which will be fun!....IF it doesn't make me break out!!! I got a Physicians Formula pressed powder that is talc-free and says it's non-acnegenic and for extra sensitive skin. I also got a cover-up stick from Almay but unfortunately it doesn't say it's oil free-- it just says it won't clog pores. ? Maybe I should return it??

I'm kind of worried about the cleanser/lotion making me break out. It's so despressing to try SO MANY products and have none work.

Jewel, you told me I am using all the wrong stuff but didn't say anything else, so, um, yeah. :think:

I hope you're not planning to use the 10% bp on the regimen! You will end up looking like a snake. Also, an anti androgenic bcp is the best answer for a woman with hormonal acne (such as Yasmin or Diane-35).

I'm on the regimen as well. The best combo of products for me is:

-Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser (most gentle cleanser I have ever tried, so if the clean and clear is too drying give this a try)

-Proactive toner (has AHA in it and helps get rid of any dryness and flakes)

-Proactive oil free moisturizer (NOT the one with SA in it!)

-Proactive 2.5% BP

-La Roche Posay Toleriane Corrective Fluid Foundation (I'm in love with it...finally after trying a million foundations!)

-Mac Bronzing powder

I definitely wouldn't use the Clean and Clear Moisturizer...that stuff made me break out like hell, and isn't very moisturizing.

Good luck on the regimen!

I hope you're not planning to use the 10% bp on the regimen! You will end up looking like a snake. Also, an anti androgenic bcp is the best answer for a woman with hormonal acne (such as Yasmin or Diane-35).

I'm on the regimen as well. The best combo of products for me is:

I definitely wouldn't use the Clean and Clear Moisturizer...that stuff made me break out like hell, and isn't very moisturizing.

Good luck on the regimen!

Thanks, Skeptik. NO, I'm only using the 10% BP until the 2.5% that I ordered comes in (maybe another day or two) and I've been only using it at night. If the C&C cleanser doesn't give me any major problems by monday, I am going to try to switch my moitsurizer from the C&C with SA to the Cetaphil.

I'm hoping to stay on the Nuvaring. I hated taking a pill everyday, and the ring is awesome. (except for the breakouts) But maybe I can solve that with the regimen. ?

;)