Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BornFree

What's so bad about picking at dead skin?

The introduction of bacteria (from your fingers and fingernails), delay of the skin's healing process, and new damage to the skin are all bad results of picking.

I pour Nivea Visage Moisturizing Toner onto a cotton pad and spread it over my face before my BHA liquid and other skincare products which helps get rid of any flakiness. I also put it into a spray bottle and spray my face with it throughout the day to help soothe my skin and prevent dryness.

i like to use a clean wet washcloth. it is soft and takes all of the dead skin off. make sure to not use a dirty one...

Apart from having your dirty fingers on your face, by touching your skin it also irrittaes it, and irritation is likely to only lead to more breakouts! :)

your spreading jerms around by touching your face

but if your hands are clean

then removing flakes isnt that big of a deal

i use clean tweezers to pick off the dead skin

yeah well obviously you dont do it with filthy hands. i use my fingers/nails all the time and it works better than anything else. for me, using a wet cloth just moves them around on my face but doesnt get them off.

i just rub it off while showering. dont try it yourself unless you wanna risk getting breakouts and stuff. yea, dry skin sucks the big one

yeah, especially if you dont get it off and then end up going in public. dead skin makes your face look almost 25 times worse, and its a horrible feeling then when you get to the mirror and realize youve had it on the whole time.

yeah, especially if you dont get it off and then end up going in public. dead skin makes your face look almost 25 times worse, and its a horrible feeling then when you get to the mirror and realize youve had it on the whole time.

I know exactly what you mean man. Then you see it and you might get mad and start picking at it. After that point your face might become irrated and now you have a red, slightly less flaky irratated face instead of a dry, flaky irratated face

I know exactly what you mean man. Then you see it and you might get mad and start picking at it. After that point your face might become irrated and now you have a red, slightly less flaky irratated face instead of a dry, flaky irratated face

yeah or when you try rubbing them off you just lift more off the skin and make it worse. i had this problem with flaky skin for months in the winter and im sure that it looked just as bad as acne would've so i was basically wasting my time...but now it's not as bad. i love how the regimen got rid of my acne but i just hate how difficult it is to make my skin look normal. when i sweat, which is quite often cause i work in construction, any dead skin or flaky skin that wasnt visbile when my skin was "dry" becomes very visible. people always ask me what the hells up with my skin....but, basically what ive found with the regimen is when its good, its GOOD but when its bad, it fucking SUCKS.