Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BornFree

So is Dan's BP really the best?

I mean I've seen a lot of people who are definitely for it. But I was just wondering if theres another BP that many people like as well.

There really aren't very many of 2.5% benzoyl peroxide products. And Dan's CSR gel is the biggest I know of available over the counter.

Neutrogena on-the-spot works fine, but it is not even an ounce and expensive! Plus it is a white cream that doesn't disappear as readily as the gel does. Proactiv has a 2.5% bp product. Again, it is a small package with a big price! And it has such a strong fragrance that it is quite nauseating, lol. I think there are others available by prescription too, but then again you have to have a doc prescribe it for you and therefore the price goes up and that isn't always an option for people to see a doc for their acne. CVS has their own version of 2.5% but it is same as neutrogena on-the-spot, tiny and white.

There may be others but those are the one's I know about.

So all considered, yes Dan's CSR is the best! You get a big tube for a good price and it is effective, clear, and no annoying fragrance!

Alright thanks. I've been using Proactiv for many years now, so I'm used to the Proactiv BP. When I first start out on a CSR I might initially try that and see how it works. But I'll gladly switch to Dan's if it's no good.

Thanks.

If you don't mind the fragrance of the Proactiv bp, then yes you can keep using it. It should work just fine.

Just don't use that scrubby cleanser or toner.

I used Vivant's BP Cleanser 2.5% and it works just great. If you don't like the scrubby kind, they also have a BP Wash 2.5%. What I like about this is that you can buy just the products you like and not have to buy the whole kit n kaboodle like proactive.

Normally I get it at my derm's office (it's an OTC), but have recently seen it on betterhealthyskin.com.

HTH

Christina

Dan's benzoyl peroxide is really good and gentle; you should get results with it. Another good, extremely gentle 2.5% benzoyl peroxide product that comes in a HUGE size is Paula's Choice Blemish Fighting Solution at $14.95 (plus shipping and handling) for 4 oz. Even cheaper if you can find it on Ebay. However, Dan's is cheaper, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

I used to use PanOxyl 2.5% and it was very irrittating and drying compared to Dan's gel, and from what I've herad from people using other brands they all have their disadvantages (apart from CSR gel of course! ;) ) such as Oxy on-the-spot can leave a white film and other gels such as PanOxyl can cause a lot of redness :)