Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

wouldn't it be great if "scientists" could invent some kind of cleaning agent that dissolves blackheads and camedones that you'd ingest orally, and in return it is excreted through the pores on your body? with the sebum or something. it sounds so simple.

i know that sweat contains traces of urea, which is an agent found in bleach or someother odd household jizz-amam-bo....but sweat isn't excreted through the same parts as sebum, hence, you can't "sweat out" blackheads and whatnot. ALTHOUGH, i notice that my face tends to feel a tad dry after working out and washing, etc...and the loose skin/scabs/etc. come off with ease.

i wonder why there is no "cure" for acne. it's such a simple ailment...for god's sake it's a skin disorder! its not a virus or mutant cells---it's blocked pores and a response to a bacterial infection. Frustrating...very very frustrating.

Post your non-existent but creative solutions below mine! :-)

lets skip a step ... use what you have learned off this board to get rid of that acne not just dream of geting rid of it

1)simple is beter

2)oxagen kills bacteria

3)skin must breath

4)exfoliate gentally

5)hands off your face

6)wash your hands with warm water BEFORE you wash your face (or else your just spreding you bacteria )

7)hot water ERITATES use warm and cold water

come on people its nothing new ! :wacko:

actually i think there is a cure .. but companies do not want people to know .. reason simple. Companies will go out of business .. people lose jobs and unemplyment is sky high ... look at the varieties .. clearasil .. neutrogena .. biore if there was a cure those companies would not exist .. i mena comone you would naive to think they do not have a possible cure.

lets skip a step ... use what you have learned off this board to get rid of that acne not just dream of geting rid of it

1)simple is beter

2)oxagen kills bacteria

3)skin must breath

4)exfoliate gentally

5)hands off your face

6)wash your hands with warm water BEFORE you wash your face (or else your just spreding you bacteria )

7)hot water ERITATES use warm and cold water

come on people its nothing new ! :wacko:

I wish it was that simple, but some of us have been following thise basic rules for many frustrating years without seeing more than the most minor successes. I doubt many of us here are looking for a quick-fix solution so much as a simply a solution that WORKS.

I really do think that there is a cure for acne. As FieryLove said it would put a lot of companies out of business or in a downward financial spiral if it was introduced. Acne is a fairly simple condition and there's no way there hasn't been a cure yet. Acne is a financially based conspiracy. Fuck the gov't. They introduced AIDS and don't have a cure??? Come on now.

I really do think that there is a cure for acne. As FieryLove said it would put a lot of companies out of business or in a downward financial spiral if it was introduced. Acne is a fairly simple condition and there's no way there hasn't been a cure yet. Acne is a financially based conspiracy. Fuck the gov't. They introduced AIDS and don't have a cure??? Come on now.

No, most researches are financied by companies, industries ... whatever ... people with an agenda: just like the first two flawed acne studiesthat claimed there was no correlation between acne and diet.

Of course skincare and pharmaceutical companies would never want a cure for acne to be discovered because it would destroy their economy but because they don't want a cure to be found there are also so researches goin on, do they don't know a cure because they don't want to know a cure

Besides acne is not a simple condition, it's fairly complex because it is in a way the symptoms of underlaying different body conditions, as showed in the acne studies there are many variables and factors that make treating acne far from simple. The cure would actually something that affect most body processes and this is the hardest thing a drug can do, in face no drug does it

Another problem is that acne is not only caused but also triggered, that's why populations who are known to follow a lifestyle which doesn't trigger the processes leading to acne are absolutely free of acne and the incidence in teens is 0%. So a cure would have to both address the many causative factors involved in the development of acne and the many triggering factors as well. That wouldn't be a cure, that would be a miracle, if medicine could invent/discover things like that there would be no hospitals anymore ...

To make another example: there are no cures known to postural orthostatic tachycardia.

The reason is that orthostatic intolerance tachycardia because it involves so many factors and body organs and gland that it's impossible to find a way to treat them all: the vagal nerv, the autonomic nervous system, the heart, the hormoneal responses to serotonin and ADH, the kidneys, the muscles, the circulation, the small vessels in the legs and so on

Cures are found only for ailments and diseases which are caused or depend on one factor or small factors, even non-life threatening condition which care caused by hundreds of factors will never be cured with one single drug or an universal cure

Danny

but acne IS a simple ailment. it's sebum blocking a pore on the body, resulting in a small infection.

but EVERYONE produces sebum, and there are people with oily skin that don't have acne, and people with acne that don't necessarily have oily skin.

do people with acne have THICKER sebum than people without acne? i'm sort of fantasizing here...just rambling mostly. what are the components of sebum...let me think. cholesterol? ok give me a few hours to ponder this and i'll come back. cheers:-)

but acne IS a simple ailment. it's sebum blocking a pore on the body, resulting in a small infection.

There are more factors at play

Increase in proliferation of karnatinocytes within sebaceous ducts, androgen mediated increased sebum production, lack of separation of ductal corneocytes because of zag enzyme inhibitation resulting in the obstruction of the sebaceous duct, overgrow of P. acne bacteria and infection of the comedo

All these factors are in turn mediated by different causes, body organs, body processes and hormonal responses. The reason why is not simple is that you can find a cure to acne unless you don't definitely address all the factors, organs, physiological processes and hormonal responses involved and no kind of drug will ever be able to do that as drugs are usually specific and at most address one or two factors or organs.

but EVERYONE produces sebum, and there are people with oily skin that don't have acne, and people with acne that don't necessarily have oily skin.

do people with acne have THICKER sebum than people without acne?

Now, they just have all the factors causing acne at once whereas people with oily skin but not acne has just one or more factors involved in acne but not all of them

Danny

true maybe, but then why do some people just have very nice skin? they eat crap, they don't exercise, they're stressed through the roof----but no acne. other physical defects perhaps, but no acne. why do some poeple get acne only in specific areas, but others are vulnerable in every area of the body?

so many damn questions!!

what if sebum was the sole factor? thickness, lipid concentration, etc/whatever. the above factors seem to be more of an "after" kind of thing that deal with sebum production and pore passage....could faulty sebum be the culprit? it might explain the diet/acne connection---although it wouldn't have anything to do with toxins and crap so much as it would WHAT is in the sebum itself. weird. very weird.