Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BornFree

NEUTROGENA acne CONCEALER

I've been using this for probably a little over a year by now. I mainly use it to cover up redness and discoloration. I believe most concealers have Salycilic Acid in them (at least this one does as well as one other I've seen). I use a tissue to pat it down or spread it on my face. The only problem is sometimes it doesn't apply well and I can see it on my face sometimes. As a male it's not the coolest thing to see what many might believe to be make-up splotches on my face. Also when I start to become oily (which isn't after long) it can rub off, so I sometimes head to a bathroom to pat it down to remove oil and whatever excess concealer there is.

I guess for the most part it works for what I'm trying to do with it (hide redness/discoloration)

It's also basically the nearest thing to make-up without actually being make-up.

I'm basically trying to get people's opinions on this whether being on the CSR or not.

i have a question for you...

can you see it on your face? cause as a guy, i wouldnt want others to see "makeup" on my face. if my friends saw concealer on me, i would never hear the end of it.

No not really. I mean sometimes it doesn't blend too well. Like when I'm pretty close to the mirror I can kind of tell. Also, I'm looking for it, others aren't when they look at my face. Nobody has ever said anything to me about it so I'd guess that nobody can tell.

I've used that concealer before. It does nothing for acne (pH is too high- over 4), but it is a decent concealer. It's not visible on me, although how visible it is has to do with what shade you selected and how well you applied it.

Here's how I apply mine:

1. Dot a very small amount on my index finger.

2. Dab the concealer on my face with my index finger directly where needed.

3. Pat over with my clean ring finger.

4. Set with talc-based powder.

All makeup goes better on skin that has been exfoliated and moisturized.

Do you guys know of any concealers that do not have salycilic acid? cuz i use BP and BP doesn't work well with salycilic acid.

Do you guys know of any concealers that do not have salycilic acid? cuz i use BP and BP doesn't work well with salycilic acid.

The only ones I really know of have SA. It's what I use. Little Neutrogena sticks at the drugstore.