Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my version of botchlas rocks haha. its the only thing that clears me consistently. i know i can come back to this regimen if i ever stray away from it and in about 4 weeks have nice clear skin again, whatever hellish situatuation my face is in! everything can be bought from a boots pharmacy or a superdrug pharmacy!

Morning and night:

--->Wash with clean and clear advantage quick clear daily treatment wash (SA 2%)

(I keep coming back to this cleanser after trying other ones thinking my acne has died down and needs a less severe wash than an SA treatment wash- i'm wrong! You might just wanna use this at night to start with and use a gentle cleanser in the morning cos its quite drying until your skin gets used to it)

---> Rinse Rinse Rinse Rinse Rinse with cold water! This is an important step! Get all that cleanser off your skin!

--->Let face air dry - no towel germs please!

--->Apply THIN smear of BP. I use quinoderm 5 (gradually build up to using it both morning and night cos might be drying to start with)

--->Wait 15minutes

--->Apply THIN smear of Olay beauty fluid sensitive moisturiser

Right so you've heard it all before-sa clears pores and bp destroys bacteria blah....

But i think the key to letting this regimen work is being GENTLE to your skin when using all these products.

i.e. when washin face only press very lightly - let the foam do the work.

i.e when applying bp and moisturiser massage in very softly and take your time

i.e applying only a thin smear of bp cream

Also - i think the rinsing with loads of cold water buisiness is very important too as you might have guessed from above!

Since i started being gentle with this regimen (like not rushing or over cleansing or frantically rubbing in BP cream) it seems to have bridged the gap and made the difference between having an annoying 3 or 4 spots at any one time on my face to being almost always clear with the exception of a few random small whiteheads and breakouts on my forehead due to stupid hair waxes and gels!

i found quinoderm the oly bp product you <B> COULD</B> use salicylic acid with. if the regimen works for you then wahey lol

good luck

it works ye, but at the minute i'm trying a new face wash because my skin is constantly dry with the other regimen. i'm trying that avene cleanance soapless cleanser.

used it 3 days so far and really impressed with it. very lathering, yet very gentle and it leaves a squeaky clean finish without stripping the skins natural barrier. it doesn't leave any residue either!

if this wash doesnt break me out in the long run then its definitely a keeper!

really is too early to say if the wash helps prevents spots, but i've noticed i havn't had any new spots since i started using it. but i'll update later cos its way too early to tell if it breaks me out yet.

i have noticed that my oil production is slightly down too. Avene does say it contains an oil regulating ingredient. not sure what it is tho.

oh, and its SLS free:

Ingredients:

Avene Thermal Spring Water, Water, Decyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glucerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Methyl Gluceth20, Cetrimonium Bromide, DandC Green No.5, Fragrance, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Pumpkin Seed Oil, Zinc Gluconate