Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CursedSkin

Off of Accutane for two and a half months now acne is coming back!!!

dammit im so sick of this. this was my third time taking accutane and i did 40mg for 6 months.

so i guess its safe to say accutane isnt the answer for me...

im 26 going on 27 and ive been living this nightmare for most of my life...

ive tried everything, retinoids, tetracycline, b5, bp, i dont know what the hell else to do....acne is too hard to beat man, ive thrown everything AND the kitchen sink at it but i swear this shit is invinciblle.

the scary part is, i have aunts that are in their 40's and 50's with ance, so i guess im screwed? game over. :(

if it works get back on it you can actually buy that stuff on the internet without a prescription but im not suppose to tell u that so it never came from me ok ;)

dammit im so sick of this. this was my third time taking accutane and i did 40mg for 6 months.

im 26 going on 27 and ive been living this nightmare for most of my life...

ive tried everything, retinoids, tetracycline, b5, bp, i dont know what the hell else to do....acne is too hard to beat man, ive thrown everything AND the kitchen sink at it but i swear this shit is invinciblle.

the scary part is, i have aunts that are in their 40's and 50's with ance, so i guess im screwed? game over. :(

How much do you weigh? 40mg seems like a low dosage, maybe you should have tried a higher one.

if it works get back on it you can actually buy that stuff on the internet without a prescription but im not suppose to tell u that so it never came from me ok ;)

lol, its funny you say that, because i DID buy it off the net the last time..

i still have some left over.

the thing is, accutane gave my ibs, i had blood and mucus in my stool for like a month.

i wouldve took a higher dosage but i was suffering enough side effects just off of 40mg alone.

maybe a should take a pill or two every week to try and buy myself some time? i dont want the acne to go back to the way it was!

You're probably right. Acccutane isn't a cure, it's just the best treatment out there (so far). How well it works for you depends on the actual cause of your acne. Acne is just a symptom of some fundamental discord in the body.........and finding the discord and correcting it is a challenge.

I'm guessing you are male, so that rules out girly issues like PCOS and whatnot......

I'd try tio find out what's causing it in the first place. This is tricky, and I'm not going to tell you that your body is toxic from eating too much prcessed foods and that you need to detoxify........you can find all that over on the diet/holistic board....

I'd see an endocrinologist if possible (although ordering tane off the net makes me think you have insurance issues). Have them check out your adreanal function, as well as your sex hormones.....Also check your blood sugar....if it's between 100 and 125, you may have a prediabetic condition.......insulin resistance can occurn in men, and leads to type 2 diabetes.....

Sweetjade1980 over on the diet board knows a shitload about what can cause acne......she's not going to BS you either.....she can back up everyting she says with actual research........

I wish you the best.......

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

the thing is, accutane gave my ibs, i had blood and mucus in my stool for like a month.

i wouldve took a higher dosage but i was suffering enough side effects just off of 40mg alone.

maybe a should take a pill or two every week to try and buy myself some time? i dont want the acne to go back to the way it was!

That sounds more like IBD (inflamatory bowel disease) then IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). Blood and mucas in the stoll are characteristics of IBD which has been shown to sometimes be a sidew effect of accutane. DId you have have a doctor check it out?

You're probably right. Acccutane isn't a cure, it's just the best treatment out there (so far). How well it works for you depends on the actual cause of your acne. Acne is just a symptom of some fundamental discord in the body.........and finding the discord and correcting it is a challenge.

I'm guessing you are male, so that rules out girly issues like PCOS and whatnot......

I'd try tio find out what's causing it in the first place. This is tricky, and I'm not going to tell you that your body is toxic from eating too much prcessed foods and that you need to detoxify........you can find all that over on the diet/holistic board....

I'd see an endocrinologist if possible (although ordering tane off the net makes me think you have insurance issues). Have them check out your adreanal function, as well as your sex hormones.....Also check your blood sugar....if it's between 100 and 125, you may have a prediabetic condition.......insulin resistance can occurn in men, and leads to type 2 diabetes.....

Sweetjade1980 over on the diet board knows a shitload about what can cause acne......she's not going to BS you either.....she can back up everyting she says with actual research........

I wish you the best.......

ill tell you what it is, its this DAMN OIL!!!

its relentless. it doesnt stop...im 26 and its only lessend a little since i was younger..

i know its the oil because my problems happen in the areas that i am the oilest. the acne bacteria thrives in the oily environment and i conclude that is the reason why i have problems.

diet, well my whole theory on diet is, can it stop the oil that my skin produces? i think not. my skin is oily because of my genetics... thats like trying to change my eye color from diet. its genetic, its what im supposed to have. i am supposed to have oily skin, now how do i stop it!?

i guess i going to try dans regimine, hell, ive tried everything else. My theory is that if i cant stop the oil i can try to kill the acne bateria that thrives in the oxygen free oil. my only problem with bp is that its effectivness wears off after a while.

im not breaking out real bad or anything, just a few white heads here and there..but it always starts off minor. and then those whiteheads become cyst. i want to nip it in the bud right now before it gets worse!

That sounds more like IBD (inflamatory bowel disease) then IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). Blood and mucas in the stoll are characteristics of IBD which has been shown to sometimes be a sidew effect of accutane. DId you have have a doctor check it out?

no i havent. im going through some stuff with my insurance right now, so im uninsured.

if i even so much as look at a doctor its going to run me 2,000 uninsured, lol..

but the blood and mucous in stool has went away..i think certain things/food trigger it...last week a drank a ton of milk and the irritablility came back for a few days.

ill tell you what it is, its this DAMN OIL!!!

its relentless. it doesnt stop...im 26 and its only lessend a little since i was younger..

i know its the oil because my problems happen in the areas that i am the oilest. the acne bacteria thrives in the oily environment and i conclude that is the reason why i have problems.

diet, well my whole theory on diet is, can it stop the oil that my skin produces? i think not. my skin is oily because of my genetics... thats like trying to change my eye color from diet. its genetic, its what im supposed to have. i am supposed to have oily skin, now how do i stop it!?

i guess i going to try dans regimine, hell, ive tried everything else. My theory is that if i cant stop the oil i can try to kill the acne bateria that thrives in the oxygen free oil. my only problem with bp is that its effectivness wears off after a while.

im not breaking out real bad or anything, just a few white heads here and there..but it always starts off minor. and then those whiteheads become cyst. i want to nip it in the bud right now before it gets worse!

But what's causing the oil???? I'd love to know since I'm in the same boat. My skin is so oily I can't wear makeup since the shades shift within about an hour, and within about 2 hours it just slides right off.........Even when my skin was totally clear I'd still be a bit um....dewy... looking. My mother always had oily skin, but never had acne. Sebum isn' really the sole cause of comedo formation.....you also have to consider the misbehaving skin cells...........

You aren't suposed to have oily skin. There is normal sebum production and then there is hyperseborrhea (excessive sebum production). What causes this we don't fully understand, there may be a genetic compionent, but it's not as simple as saying having oily skin is like having blue eyes......

I think you misunderstood me. You may have the right genes for oily/acne prone skin, but our environments can influence our gene expression. I didn't say change your diet, although the food you eat can indirectly infulence your sebum production depending on what's actually causing it in the first place......I kinda have an idea what influences my own excessive sebum production (and it actually has nothing to do with the food I eat), but I am not you........and the causes of our oily skin may be very different.....

Dan's regimen may be of great assistance to you.........so you can actually use it forever if you need to......

BP will not loose it's effectivness after a while. It's not like the bacteria can become resistant to it. Sometimes people assume that BP can become less efffective, however it's not that the BP has lost it's effectivness, it's that the acne has gotten more severe and persistant........BP will always kill p. acnes bacteria, since it's anerobic bacteria and BP generates oxygen......

Oh and someting neat about BP...sebocytes don't really like it either....and it can actually reduce sebum production...........

I think hyperseborrhea can be caused by the sebaceous glands in a state of constant inflammation and irritation. This may bei frequently accomplished by acne folk when they try using acne washes, toners and topicals that dry the skin and inflame the sebaceous glands. overtime with constant unrelenting application of these hyperseborrhea is not caused by the dryness itself but rather a reaction of the sebaceous glands to a constantly stripped environent possibly. Our skin may not need the oil to remain lubricated but perhaps the oil is produced for other reasons like maybe the oil helps our skin somwhow when it's inflammed from acne products.

That's just my backwards theory anyway ........I am not a medical doctor......

There has been some research about sebocytes response to inflammation, although it's conflicting. In order to understand how to reduce sebum production we need to get a better understaning of the physiology of sebaceous glands.......sadly we still don't really know why sebum is priduced and exactly what the function of sebum is...........we know sebocytes respond to androgens (specifically DHT) and they also respond to retinoids (the cis configuration of retioic acid....why we don't really know).......but we don't know what the hell they are for in the first place...........

I think hyperseborrhea can be caused by the sebaceous glands in a state of constant inflammation and irritation. This may bei frequently accomplished by acne folk when they try using acne washes, toners and topicals that dry the skin and inflame the sebaceous glands. overtime with constant unrelenting application of these hyperseborrhea is not caused by the dryness itself but rather a reaction of the sebaceous glands to a constantly stripped environent possibly. Our skin may not need the oil to remain lubricated but perhaps the oil is produced for other reasons like maybe the oil helps our skin somwhow when it's inflammed from acne products.

That's just my backwards theory anyway ........I am not a medical doctor......

There has been some research about sebocytes response to inflammation, although it's conflicting. In order to understand how to reduce sebum production we need to get a better understaning of the physiology of sebaceous glands.......sadly we still don't really know why sebum is priduced and exactly what the function of sebum is...........we know sebocytes respond to androgens (specifically DHT) and they also respond to retinoids (the cis configuration of retioic acid....why we don't really know).......but we don't know what the hell they are for in the first place...........

Are we (the scientists) asking the right questions?

i love dans gel!

been using dans gel for a while now, and even though im not 100% clear, this stuff gets the job done. I rarely break out anymore. The most active acne i have at any moment is less than 3 bumps, maybe 4or 5 at the most. And theyre not even that bad.

I love waking up in the morning and not having a "pop fest". Im hoping those days are over.

The only drawback is that now the attention has shifted to my scars. Its like i dont pay much attention to them when i have acne.

Acne is like the fire and the scars is like the aftermath. I guess once you put out the fire, you have to deal with the aftermath.

So now im trying to find a good scar treatment. If only dan could come up with a good one, hes the only person i trust.