Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi, i have been reading this sight for months and decided to post, i have a couple of icepick scars but my main problem is redness (red marks) they are fading, but i decided to speed up the process and went to see a dermatologist,when i mentoined what treatments i wanted (ipl laser and n-lite) he basically said they were rip offs or they did'nt do them. He advised me to either have a chemical peel or just leave it to heal naturally as he has seen people alot worse. i have noticed on here that lots of people o are american, are there more treatments available over there than where i live in the UK or should i try to find another Derm? the derm has 28 years experience and works for BUPA (big private hospital chain in England.)

BUPA are actually quite good for what you get, if he thinks you shouldnt waste your money then you shouldnt.

However, you are paying them for the procedure so they wont say no if you still want it done. Plus other provate healthcare services will be more expensive.

BUPA is probably your best option, unless you wait for ages on the NHS lol

thanks for the reply. will the chemical peel get rid off the red marks, i know you go red after you have it but are the results good?