Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
saab

acne marks - but not too many

hello,

i have some post acne scars, say 3-4 on each cheek. i dont want to go in for any kind of treatment. but just wanted to know a good topical cream to reduce the scars. is there a good one over the counter available.

ive heard vitamin e is good for yr scars. is it good. i am going on a vacation this mon th end and i need to reduce these scars as soon as possible.

i have also heard that any cream containing hydroquinone is a,lso good in remvoing scars. i did find a few creams but none of them said that it would get rid of acne scars.

i am in the US so any cream available here would help.

so plllllleeeeeeaaaaseee help me .

Thanks,

Saab!!!!

nothing will help in the short time period that you mentioned. I'm treating my marks for months and just recently seeing some fading on the most obvious one. I'm using gycolic peels and whitening mask.

nothing will help in the short time period that you mentioned. I'm treating my marks for months and just recently seeing some fading on the most obvious one. I'm using gycolic peels and whitening mask.

i have a glycolic acid cleanser by mario badescu and it didnt hel my skin. it kind of burnt my skin. so i know glycolic wont help me . let me know about the whitening mask that you are using ...

i have a glycolic acid cleanser by mario badescu and it didnt hel my skin. it kind of burnt my skin. so i know glycolic wont help me . let me know about the whitening mask that you are using ...

Medicated cleansers with salicylic acid or glycolic acid generally aren't effective because 1) they almost always have too high of a pH (over 4) to be effective and 2) a lot of the medications get washed down the drain.

I agree with Cocopj that you can't get significant results in the timeframe you're looking for, especially given that you only want over-the-counter treatments.

Hydroquinone is effective against brown areas, not red.

Really, the best thing to help you right now would be a leave-on alpha hydroxy acid product.

Some gentle, pH correct ones are made by Paula's Choice and Alpha Hydrox.

The Paula's Choice exfoliants can be gotten here:

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/shop/category2...PE=1&PAGETYPE=S

The Alpha Hydrox products can be gotten at Rite Aid or here:

http://www.alphahydrox.com/

Some people also swear they get results from Green Cream (which uses retinol) which you should be able to find on Ebay.

Another product that seemed to have results was Vita-K Solutions for Blotchy Skin, though this could have been coincidence. It can be found at most drugstores.

It is imperative that you wear a good sunscreen that contains avobenzone, zinc oxide, or titanium dioxide, the three FDA approved UVA protecting ingredients available in the US. Sun exposure worsens "red marks" in addition to its other negative effects.

A good sunscreen is any from the Neutrogena Dry Touch line.