Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nazario

Nazario's Accutane log

:hand:

Hey everyone, my name's Nazario.... Italiano in the U.K, hate the weather guys... and the acne.. lol

so i've been on accutane for 14 days now (2 weeks - for those not so gd at maths) and am willing to discuss my journey with others as i know it's not very pleasent, maybe brighten up peoples days... make it less terrifying :D .

me myself am most worried about the side effects... such as hair thinning and dry eyes! :mad: . although im controlling them, and atm have gd eye sight and good hair... want it to stay that way and i really want to do the most i can to prevent them from being fucked up :ninja:. so if any of you have used such products that have helped you out alot with these nasty effects please holla :D.

i have heard many horrible things about these being perminent in some people :snooty::mad: and so i would like to use a good product to minimize the effects... thank you so much for replying amigos.

Ciao for now.... i will be on here as often as i can folks. :) good luck people and lets hope for the best.

Also just found alot of nutritional advice to counteract the side effects....

B Vitamins ( especially niacin and biotin and pantothenic (B5): help keep healthy hair.. so foods such as canadian bacon, cereals with high B Vitamins, eggs, bacon, cheese, tuna, nuts etc..

Zinc and Magnesium: same as above, i think prevents dull hair ... oysters, wheat bran, chicken and turkey (dark meat) nuts and seeds.. peanuts, peanut butter, wheat grain etc..

Vitamin E: decreses side effects (although does anyone know if this also prevents the actual good effects of the drug?) ....sunflower seeds, almonds, brazil nuts, pecans, margerine, sunflower seed oil etc..

Vitamin F: helps prevent acne.... pecans,soy oil, cod liver oil, sunflower seeds etc..

i also have certain products to decrease the effects but has anyone got any that really work for the? thanks guys :dance:

Right i'll begin to go through and update my progress...

DAY 1-5: started getting headache and irritated eyes, not much else happening at this point.

DAY 6-10: here the spots started getting a little worse, started to break out, spesh round the chin, where it was also starting to get dry. noticed in shower bits of hair were coming out in my hands, currently using hair thickener for that and touching up my nutrition and buying vits to reduce this.

DAY 11-15: started getting slightly angry at times, as i am a fiery character anyway.. controlling this though :shifty:. also eyes getting more irritated and when i wake up it can be really hard to open them :confused: but then it gets fine and i put eye drops in, although each morning i find this..?

and going up town today to buy for tabs... omega 3, vitamin e and b... does anybody know if vitamin e or effect tane from working?? :think:

rthanks again guys... :)

Hey screw, well i personally would say quite bad, i haven't got a ton of spots all over but cystic scarring all over my face :rolleyes: .. lets hope tane can do its job.

So... day 16/17 on tane, thought idsay how things are... major drying now and all side effects getting slightly worse, but with the recent tabs i bought i hope to control them... and im ordering carmex for my lips....eating the right foods and :pray: for the best.

good luck everyone, not many ppl stopping by, y is this? :( chat to me :angel: lol, i don't bite...

Ciao. :angel:

Hey Naz hun :) Hows it going?

What dosage are you on? I'm on 40mg on my 11 day (i think... i'm loosing track lol)

Did you get a serious IB, by the sounds of it you didn't... thats cool, well done :D What have you noticed in terms of you skin drying out? Mine has got a lot oilier the first few days... hopefully it will start to dry a bit now.

I don't take any suppliments other then Zinc (30mg) and Evening Primrose oil capsuals everyday.

The zinc helps the immune system and your bodies ability to heal itself -which is good becase tane slows down your skins ability to heal. Hopefully the two will work nicely together hehe.

Good luck hun, I'll keep checking your log to see how your going :)

Lucy x

Hey Lucinda :angel: thanks, its not going too badly, although the drying is annoyin me and im getting slightly more red today :| im not liking the side effetcs much.......

anyway im gunna tell everyone more about myself, also for motivational reasons... firstly im not trying to pass off as franco columbu :razz: (my pic).... hes 1 of the best bodybuilders ever nd ihope to emulate or possibly overtake him hehe ;) i work out alot and am confident in my genetic potential to make it as a class bodybuilder (in the natural stage, or REAL bodybuilding as i call it!) :) errmm im into many things, im a deep person aswell and like chatting to interesting ambitious people.

obviously we all have something in common here, we all all on accutane, i think its an ace idea to have a board on it so we can all chat to each other to help each other thru the bad times and prolong the good times. share our tips and hints and get through the other end of the tunnel as stronger people, i believe the more shit u go through the stronger mentally u r, therefore no complaining :cool:

i hope the best for everyone on this site and hope that we can help each other through this and also have a lil laugh since taking tane doesnt have to be like being locked up in a prison.

so if anyone fancies stoppin by and sharin their experiences ur welcome.....n il also give training advice if any1 wants some lol.... im injured atm and so im using this time while injured and on this medication to study everything useful to me in life, mostly for my training, such as nutrition and training programmes so i know quite a lot there. ive been injured for 4 months now and wil b on tane for a further 4-5 months... yes thats neally a year of hell but when im through il b untouchable mentally. and also physically if my training turns out tip top when i am back.

thanks again for reading i hope that was intersting :D

Ciao.

Hey Lucinda :angel: thanks, its not going too badly, although the drying is annoyin me and im getting slightly more red today :| im not liking the side effetcs much.......

I know hun... I know... :wall: Chip up, hopefully we will all come through this with beautiful skin to show for our troubles :pray:

i think its an ace idea to have a board on it so we can all chat to each other to help each other thru the bad times and prolong the good times. share our tips and hints and get through the other end of the tunnel as stronger people, i believe the more shit u go through the stronger mentally u r, therefore no complaining :cool:
Yeah I agree. Nicely said :clap:

Even though my close friends know I am on a medicine called 'roaccutane' none on them know what it is, or understand how it can effect you....

So it's nice to be able to come on here and talk to people who understand 100% what you're going through :D

Aw, do you mind if I ask how you got injured? I hope you are better soon.

Lucy x

Hey again Lucinda :) , lol seems like evrytime im on ur log ur on mine :angel: ... also i think it might b a gd idea to tell ur friends sum of the effects, i told 1 of my pals that it can effect u majorly and that sum ppl died on it.... so he would sho me respect for going on it lol... he sed im a tit for being on such a medicine.... but other than that ive not told him much lol, i shud probably tell him more tho so he understands u know...

also wot i sed up there is very rare, and thats also y its good to have this message board, i dnt believe that tane made ppl do that, i believe that they got upset with the acne and the effects and chose themselves, i dont believe a well stable person would do such a thing, and also y it is important to have someone watching u all the way thru the course and have regular derm check ups. so that if u dont notice others will ( a change in attitude) then they can tell u so that u r aware, and it helps u out...

also wot made me nervous was perminent effects, although i believe that is highly unlikely but to make sure i am altering my nutrition and buying vitamin capsules. also taking gd care of myself. :)

also wot made me nervous was perminent effects, although i believe that is highly unlikely but to make sure i am altering my nutrition and buying vitamin capsules. also taking gd care of myself. :)

Thats good :)

I am a little wary of taking TOO many extra supplements while on tane... I am giving my liver a rough time with tane as it is, I don't want to make it work any harder then it needs to by feeding it lots more foreign substances.

Speak to you later hun.

BTW, what part of the UK are you from?

Lu x

Hey people, i recon reading my other post would b maybe very helpful if u were to read it, lots of info on the link bewteen nutrition and skin and also ex- tane users -- when the liver and gallbladder are too congested, the skin cannot heal properly, this may be the reason for any1 with scars or marks after taking tane. theres lots of info on how to sort this out in that post. Thanks. nice to know if it was useful to anybody, i know im gunna take note n put sum of it into action straight away.... knowledge is power, dnt sit at home and act miserable.. sit at home and study on how to prevent these things :cool:

and hey again Lucinda I'm from the east midlands :)

Hey Naz: I just read that you are planning on take an antibiotic after accutane. Am I right? If I read that correctly.. I think that would be a very bad idea. Antibiotics are horrible for you... it kills the bacteria that causes acne but also kills the good bacteria in your body and is even worse for your immune system. If you want to use something for maintence, I think that would be a good idea. Personally I am going to be using retin-a OR renova... havent decided but those are topical creams that have had great results with many people. Not only with keeping acne and pores clear, but it stimulates collagen production which helps with red marks and scars.. and future wrinkles :D Think about it. ;)

hey Naz, thanks for the post on my log... we seem to have started accutane at the exact same time lol. i dont think any of the side effects are permanent, except for the loss of acne ;) . Accutane, as is my understanding, is essentially a bunch of Vitamin A, and the side effects are the same as taking a bunch of Vitamin A, so i cant imagine that your body would just become used to being dry and cracked and all that. About the supplement thing... i personally am still drinking protein shakes and stuff, as i figure that's really probably not bad for my body as it's just protein and amino acids.

Good luck with it, and keep us updated!

Hi Nazario.

Thanks for your message and good luck. One thing people should be stressing is to avoid anything containing Vitamin A as you are already getting massive doses and it can aggrevate side effects. Vitamin E is no problem and can help with dryness.

DAY 17: well last night me n my bro sorted out a new sleep schedule and so we have two setsof 4 hour periods in bed - so i sleep at 10 p.m wake at 2a.m, sleep at 10 a.m and wake at 2p.m - repeat. this is very gd actually, ud be surprised, got up and actually watched the sunrise for once :cool: il keep u upodated on how that goes lol. able to do more stuff, as am awake both day and night and is rly peaceful at times like 4a.m and 5a.m, right now its 6.

anyway as for the tane - atm i have a redish face and a cyste at left side of mouth... hoping this fades away.. still to see major changes, only time will tell, i already had the early break-out, that stopped n things got better, just dnt no y im red all of a sudden, and looks quite bad. hope it gets better :)

Jen: yeah i probably will use retin-a when i come off tane, i used that before tane aswell and noticed i got rly pale after a while.... if u no of anything to help tht out id happily take it :angel:

Racer J: i like your way of thinking dude ;) il keep posting my journey here and il b checkin in on ur log now and again. :cool:

TJ: yeah im goin to get some vitamin E tabs i think, although i dnt no if this effects the actal positive effects of the drug?????

Thanks again dudes and dudettes :cool: hope ya drop by again :)

Hey Naz,

No Vit E doesnt inhibit the tanes absorbtion, you can find a pretty good brand of omega-3 capsules in most pharmecies called vertese (I found them in my local tesco too). Its got lots of omega fatty acids and a good amount of vitamin E. The omega helps with absorbtion, I take 2 daily with my accutane. I was quite into weight lifting as well before I started tane, I figured I'd use the opportunity to bulk a bit while I was off. I'd love to hit about 165+ at bout 6% bodyfat.

DAY 18: i now have B-complex vitamins, vitamin E and Salmon oil (omega 3), been training my bro in the gym, feeding my motivation into his work-outs, also well played u.s.a, i was watching the italy u.s.a game y-day and we should have played better and beat u :razz: but hey, gd luck in the world cup - nd im sure we wont have De Rossi fuckin us up anymore and we shall start Gatusso instead :)

as for the 'Tane', yet to see a major clear up for my skin, still quite red and dry...i think while asleep and not thinking i got vry depressed and had a lucid dream and forgot it straight away. surprised how depressed it made me feel. although when i woke up properly i could easily get rid of that feeling. no medicine is goin to take over this mind... oh no. :cool:

thats my update, TJ thanks for the info man :angel: im glad to hear that vit e helps the absorbtion if anything. also r u in training right now? talk me thru ur training, roughly.

Ciao.

Hey naz,

I'm not really training at the moment, just doing some cardio a couple times a week. Tane makes it real easy to pull muscles so i'll leave it til I'm done to resume. I was on a 4 day week at gym, 3 days weights and 1 cardio only session. The weights were split in a 2 day pattern, chest and tricep, back and bicep. When I start again I'll probably redo my program for a more serious approach, need to work my legs I reckon.

hey narzario! first of all, i agree with you on world cup! italy should have one. we just have a really great goalie and he made amazing saves! but blah, italy should have played better! and geez, stop going offsides!!!

dont worry that you arent seeing a huge improvement yet. accutane takes time. i started seeing results my 3rd month in. i know it seems like forever away, but time really does fly and i'm sure you'll see clear skin soon. :D i hope you feel better and stop being depressed...maybe if italy beats czech? haha.

oh, and why did you leave italy? i've never been to the UK...but italy is GORGEOUS and i love it there! :D

buona notte!

Hi Nazario..

Thank you for visiting ymy log :D:D.

You watched the sunrise.. that sounds cool..

The medicine also causes some depression on me last time.

Just hang on and talks to somebody.

I found that this forum is a total 100000% helper of depression.

You'll find lots and tons of encouragement everyday.

So keep us updated ok.. and good luck

Corrine

Hey Naz, thanks for dropping by again.

Hopefully you see a nice big clear-up of your acne soon hun :D

Just make sure you keep out and about and living life to it's fullest so Tane doesnt get the chance to bring you down :D

I've been making sure I spend a lot of my time out of house with friends at the moment to keep my mind of it - If I spent all my time indoors I'd get down and depressed for sure. The only drawback about going out so much is that I can't drink on tane hehe!! I currently knocking back the fruit juices in every bar I go into hehe :cool::doh:

Good luck hun, I'll drop by again soon.

Lu x