Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
easy step

please comment if B5 worked for you

Due to alot of mixed comments and emotions by past users and people willing to start, Im sure alot of members actually want to know how many people had positive effects on B5.

Does it really work as the rumors say? or are they just a...

This is the deal, but first things first. This is my first post ever, although I have been visiting this site frequently since christmas. Anyhow, thought I'd let you know.

I have been using vitamin B5 for about 8 months now. I started out with 20 grams/day and then went down to 10 g/d. I didn't notice any major side effects until I, a month ago, started reading about hairloss due to mega dosing B5. This kind of freaked me out, and although my doctor has reassured me that I don't have any significant hair loss ("normal for your age" hairloss he called it - I'm 19) it feels as if I do. So the question is, am I experiencing hairloss (or hair thinning as it should be defined) or am I just imagining things? From the testimonies I have read, I don't doubt that B5 could cause hairloss.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Oh yeah, I have been taking vitamin B-complex ever since I started my B5 remedy.

Has B5 helped me get rid of my acne? Hell yeah, I very rarely have any acne problems nowadays.

well, when washing your hair do you find several dozen loose hairs in your hands? if so u may be thinning.

since you've been taking it for 8 months, what is the dosage your now on?

Well, the problem is that I have always been loosing a lot of hair, years before I started using B5. That does complicate things a lot. When I pull my hand through my hair I usually drag with me 2-3 hairs. I mean, what is normal and what isn't?

yes its hard to gauge as we naturally loose a few strands of hair a day. a lot of people see excessive amounts on there pillows in the morning. or maybe if you looked at an old photo compared to a current photo you might see a significant difference.

B5 worked for me too. I think the hairloss thing is only a side effect if you don't take a good vitamin B complex with it. And the amount you are losing sounds about normal.

The thing with B5 is you have to be patient. It can take up to 4 or 5 months, sometimes longer depending on what kind of acne you have, to start seeing some real results. If you stick with it, you will be glad you did. :D

B5 worked for me too. I think the hairloss thing is only a side effect if you don't take a good vitamin B complex with it. And the amount you are losing sounds about normal.

The thing with B5 is you have to be patient. It can take up to 4 or 5 months, sometimes longer depending on what kind of acne you have, to start seeing some real results. If you stick with it, you will be glad you did. :D

didnt notice any hair loss. i was taking 10gm a day for about 3 months. the only side effect for me was diarrhea. really crazy diarrhea everytime i took it.

i'm glad to know this is working.

to make this topic more useful can people also tell us what current dosage they are on now (if its not in your sig!) and how long you've been on that. from what i know it could be anywhere between 1 and 6 grams. maybe some people are still on 10+? guess it depends on the person but it could give us an idea of how much we need to buy of this stuff.

i think it's useful to know along with how long they took the loading dose and if they experienced any side-effects.

today is day 14 so exactly 2 weeks. and since i started i was really suprised on how fast it was working like the first 10 days i really didnt break out like 1-2 pimples a day.

but last night and today i had like 5 really really small pimples like u can notice them up close but not far.

i think its because it takes aobut 2 weeks for the b5 to hit u.

so im geussing its purging now?

btw.

im on 10 grams a day & b complex

I just started and I got diarrhea already on 4 grams of B5 in a day. I take that as a sign that my body can't absorb so much all at one and it passes into the intestines where it causes loose stool. ( The same thing that happens on huge doses of vitamin C.) So, I'm backing off to 2 grams a day for a while. Also I'm taking 5mg of biotin and a B-50 complex twice a day.

The acne flair-up I had last week has calmed down since I started, but that could easily be just coincidence.

been on b5 at least 3 months now. so far it's done nothing.

should i change brand or just give up?

2 bad, have u been taking 10 grams?

what brand do u use? i'm using Golds.

Are you taking a B-complex and extra biotin along with it? Some of what I'm reading here and elsewhere make those sound like an important part of the routine.

I am taking Biotin and it says two stage, time release on the cover. Is this normal? Also how much Biotin do I take if it is 5000mcg?

i took B5 for 6 months before it worked, but i stopped using the b complex after about 3 months after i started, and i didnt loose any hair, but i do have thin hair :(

ok i NEED SOME ERGENT HELP i want B5 for my acne but i dont know where to get it from i was thinking here http://vitacures.stores.yahoo.net/

^^ But that is from USA and im from England...

Also thinking of here but is this a dodgy site or is this the real deal B5 that will gfet rid of my acne? http://www.vilantae.co.uk/

Which site people? is one dodgy or both work well?

Please post back quickly becasue i cant wait to order :)

ok i NEED SOME ERGENT HELP i want B5 for my acne but i dont know where to get it from i was thinking here http://vitacures.stores.yahoo.net/

^^ But that is from USA and im from England...

Also thinking of here but is this a dodgy site or is this the real deal B5 that will gfet rid of my acne? http://www.vilantae.co.uk/

Which site people? is one dodgy or both work well?

Please post back quickly becasue i cant wait to order :)

i think a lot of members use vilantae, it's quite expensive but meant to be good quality. if you don't mind taking the powder you could do what i did and buy from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vitamin-B5-Pantothen...1QQcmdZViewItem

it doesn't taste great but its a cheaper option to try just to see if it does anything for you.

i'm going holiday soon so cap form will be better for me to travel with and more convient. £23 for 20 days ain't great but perhaps i'll go for vilantae as well.

hi im 38 and just started it a week ago very oily skin and scaring up to 8 grams a day and my skin is drying out yesy you may want to switch brands.

Ive ordered in some Vitamin B5 should get it in a day or 2... im just usin a regular B5 from the chemist... just had to specially order it in... anyway i remember having heaps of success wit Vit. B5 in the past... not a single pimple on my face... was amazing... i dont think i was takin 10g that was way to much to handle... (all them tablets) anyway i think i was takin between 3-4 grams maybe (dont quote me on this) daily... the only side effect i noticed was i was feeling very tired... and because i was swimming at nationals and was taking the Vit B5 which made me tired i swam crap... needless to say thats the reason y i quit it becuase i was swimming crap while takin it as of the tired effect... but as for skin goes... EXCELLENT!... :clap:

P.S i was taking a multivitamin as well with it and Vit. B6 and Biotin... maybe Zince... cant remember... lol... but im sure it was the B5 that made the difference...

Take care now, bye bye then... ;)

AlKaMiMe :D

I tried B5 years ago, a few grams a day, and it did dry out my skin, but my acne is hormonal so it only helped to a point and I did have some side effects (as I recall my stomach bothered me had some intestinial issues).

I tried B5 years ago, a few grams a day, and it did dry out my skin, but my acne is hormonal so it only helped to a point and I did have some side effects (as I recall my stomach bothered me had some intestinial issues).

Ive had acne since i was 13 im now 38 ive tried all the antbiotics on them most of the time,never realy helped totaly. I still have very oily skin back, neck, face, im on minocycline now for about 2 years does'nt help. I started b5 last tuesday started with 2 grams now up to 8 ,thats wher ill stay,have broken out around the nose, problem areas, but seems to be healing fast. skin is drying, back itches sometimes,have noticed a 75% reduction in oil,my face has always been oily even after masks and everything else you can imagine. I am greatly impressed with b5 just after a week, i hate oily skin and things now seen to normalizing ,i am also taking a multivitamin with this, but i dont think a b6 deficiency is causing this rapid turn around, i think finaly im passing fats normaly instead of through the skin. The stomach problems subsided after just a few days. will keep you up to date!!

sweet... congrats on ya progress... and yes plz do keep us up 2 date...

take care now bye bye then :cool:

AlKaMiMe :D

i have hormonal acne, have had it for as long as I can remember (am 23 now). I have mild acne on my face/chest, moderate acne on my neck, and severe acne on my back. I have tried: exposed clear skin, clear pores, accuzine (but only for a few days) none of it worked.

I have been on accutane twice, only thing that has ever gotten rid of my acne but months later it came back not to mention accutane side-effects are horrible. also tried all those topical creams.

Just started taking B5 (the vita cure brand) last week. Took 2 grams for 3 days, 5 grams for 4 days, now I am on my second day up to 10 grams. No side-effects except a little un-easyness in my stomach. I am also taking a b50 complex, biotin, multivitamin, and zinc. So far my skin is still oily but I had a weird break out just this morning. Could be that my skin is starting to purge. I am in this for the long hall so I will keep you updated.

okay guys, i have been on B5 increasing dosage from 3mg and now up to 10mg. All I can say is that this thing is great!

I woke up today and my active acne has gone down, and two new pimples are super super small white heads just ready to fall off. Normally my pimples are inflamed, so this is good news.

Im also on CSR and maybe thats finally starting to kick in... but in any case Ill keep monitoring. If this doesnt work... here comes accutane!