Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BornFree

I don't know what to do anymore. Someone help with a CSR

Alright, here's the deal. I've had acne for approximately 10 years now. And no, they're not just little blemishes here and there.

I've tried various instore cleansers and BP/Salycilic creams etc.

I've tried persrcibed creams and such from a dermatologist.

I've tried perscribed pills (minocycline) which actually gave me drug induced lupus (don't worry, I'm fine now)

I've tried proactive for many many years (sometimes taking a break and trying in-store cleansers etc.)

I'm sure there's also more that I've failed to list.

And now, I'm trying Murad. I've been using it for about two weeks and it's not really working. . . I think it might be getting worst, or maybe it's supposed to get worst before it gets better, I don't know. The only thing about Murad is that it doesn't have BP so I don't know if it will work on me.

Now the thing is, nothing has actually worked on me. As in I haven't had a clear face since I started to get acne.

What I'm asking is does anybody have any sort of imput/recommendation on the use of Proactiv or Murad?

I was also wondering if anybody knew which fruits or vitamins would be good for clearing up acne. Or just any sort of foods/drinks (such as warm water w/ lemon).

Soon I'm also planning on trying light/laser treatment. Also planning on seeing a dermatoligist again after many years of not seeing one. I am also planning on going to a spa for facial stuff etc.

Thanks, hope to hear for someone.

I used Murad i advise you to send it back to them now and get your money back! I used it for 2 months and had the worst face EVER! How long have you give each of those products because it takes months for something to work you cant just stop every 2 weeks if u dont see results.... get on Dan's Regimen ASAP also if ur looking for some vitamins n such that may help, i currently and just started to take zinc, chromium picolinate, fish body oil pills, flax seed oil, extra virgin olive oil, natures cure tablets, and GNC liquid vitamins

I have a good website that has all sorts of fruits n vegetables and stuff u can do to keep your body clean but my copy and paste isn't working at the moment i will post it once i figure this ish out

I used Murad i advise you to send it back to them now and get your money back! I used it for 2 months and had the worst face EVER!

Yeah, I was thinking about that. I've been using it for about two weeks or so. I just didn't know If for the hell of it I should try it for another 2-3 weeks for the recommended usage or something.

well if ur acne is bad enough where it cant get much worse then give it a shot maybe u will get lucky... be very gentle with that exfoliating SA gel or whatever its called thats the main thing that irritates

Have you given Dan's regimen a go http://www.acne.org/regimen.html- its worked for me for tons of other people here aswell. Just follow the regimen exactly for the first few months and you should see results!

If you have any other questions feel free to ask! :)

If I hopped onto Dan's Regimine the only question is: "with all of the products out there how do I know what the best cleanser/BP/Moisturizer(Toner/Nighttime mask) is etc.?"

If you'd like to tell me anything else where it would be easier to do so off of the boards I could give you my screen name or something.

With the regimen it is best not to use a toner or a mask, a gentle cleanser, 2.5% BP and oil-free moisturiser is all you need really. Check out the recommended products page for all the best products to use with the regimen- any of them should be fine, but you might want to read a few of the reviews to find out which products would be best for you, for example, some people find the purpose bar quite drying, so if you have dry skin you might find a liquid cleanser better http://www.acne.org/rate.php?disp_cat=1&anchor=browse :)

With the regimen it is best not to use a toner or a mask, a gentle cleanser, 2.5% BP and oil-free moisturiser is all you need really. Check out the recommended products page for all the best products to use with the regimen- any of them should be fine, but you might want to read a few of the reviews to find out which products would be best for you, for example, some people find the purpose bar quite drying, so if you have dry skin you might find a liquid cleanser better http://www.acne.org/rate.php?disp_cat=1&anchor=browse :)

Thanks, yeah there's no way in Hell I'd use a bar.

Proactive consists of a cleanser, glycolic acid toner, and benzoyl peroxide lotion. It lacks sunscreen, a vital part of any regimen. Using a leave-on salicylic acid product as opposed to a glycolic acid product would be best as salicylic acid is lipid soluble and can therefore exfoliate within the pores, unlike glcolic acid or other alpha hydroxy acids.

Many Murad products include irritants like alcohol, arnica, various citrus ingredients, and hydrogen peroxide, which do more harm than good.

Check out this site, which has good information on how to fight blemishes:

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/article....REFER=SKIN&ID=6

Towards the bottom are some reccommended regimens using the Paula's Choice line; you don't have to buy any of the Paula's Choice proudcts to have an effective regimen, but it's a good guideline to go by. I would strongly reccommend buying one of the Paula's Choice Beta Hydroxy Acid products, though. They are some of the few out there that are formulated to be pH correct (pH of 4 or lower) and lack common skin irritants found in other products. Salicylic acid didn't work for me until I started using the Paula's Choice Beta Hydroxy Acid products, probably because the products I was using before weren't well-formulated.

Also, specifically which creams were you using? Were they prescription retinoids? If you tried one type of prescription retinoid, like Retin-A, you might consider trying a prescription that uses a different type of retinoid, like Tazorac or Differin. If you're using benzoyl peroxide twice a day, I would try Differin as the Tazorac and Retin-A become ineffective when used in conjunction with benzoyl peroxide.

You should give every regimen at least two months, and regimens involving retinoids three.

Feel free to PM me.

I used Murad for about a week and both sides of my chin broke out in the most painful acne ever. I also used Proactiv for a while and saw ok results. Nothing like the commercials for me. But what I have discovered is that every one has different skin. I think your skin is supposed to "purge" when using a new product but that Murad was horrible.

I have been looking at natural products. Those without those long words in the ingrediants. I might go see a dermotologist too. I am so tired of having bad skin!