Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erin78

Closed comedones and accutane?

I'm 25 and have been on accutane for 62 days, 140lbs 40mg and I still seem to be breaking out. My acne on my jawline is leaving but I have tons of little closed comedones on my forehead and they don't seem to be going away :wall: My dermatologist said that accutane doesn't cure closed comedones and I will have to come in after my treatment to get those removed, is this true? Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks!!

Thats not true, Ive been on accutane for 1 month and 2 weeks, and I have had many closed comedones for the past couple of months on my chin. As of last week each one of them has turned red, big, and angry looking and then to a whitehead in which i either pop it :doh: or let it dry out and then it goes away. Accutane is bringing that junk out of mine, so im sure it will for you too!

if closed comedones are just the slightly raised bumps then your derm is right those might not go away. At least for me they didnt. I took 60mg for 5 months and mine were there right at the end.

He is partially right! I had TONS of those, and a lot of those went away on tane, I'm 4 1/2 months in and yes those may still be very well there after the treatment, but since new ones won't produce anymore they will go away in time naturally. My derm said accutane is effective in everything but the smallest stuff like closed comedones (I assume those white little bumps) are the hardest to treat even for tane! Sux to have those.

they dont disappear once you get off or decrease in number at all. I had mine right at the end (this april) and right now I have even more than when I got off. Fortunately they are pretty unnoticeable and none become big nasty pimples knock on wood.

Yea there are not noticeable since most of them or all of them at least for me are under the skin. I just don't get it how come accutane is not too effective in getting rid of small stuff like that. I don't care if they stay, it's just that occassionally the inflame and turn into zits, once in a blue into a cyst!

62 days is nothing, wait other 60.

GregoryThor

The fact that it didn't work for you doesn't mean that it won't work for him or anybody else, for that matter.

I must have had about 25 if not more of those babies ALL on the left side of my face for about two weeks in my first month of accutane!!!!! they started to die down after my first month. I'm on my second, I still have some, but not as many as before. so, hopefully, with time yours will go away.