Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Weee

When to wash?

This is a really dumb question, but I need some opinions. I don't have acne, just the typical random blemishes. I wash my face with an invigorating scrub and use mosturizer. I just mosturizer morning and night, but I'm not sure whether it's best to wash my face with the scrub morning and night or just one of the two.

As I said, I know it's dumb but I'm not sure if using the scrub morning and night would be too much for my skin, or what time of day is best for washing.

Thanks!

is your skin dry or something? or why do u use a moisturizer?

i wouldnt use it at night though ;)

I think it all depends on how sensitive your skin (although, scrubbing day and night daily may sensitize it) and whether or not you're dry or oily. There are probably other factors that go into this too. Can't think of anything else at the moment though.

But anyway, if you're oily, I would think that using a scrub day and night would be 'okay' but certainly, I don't think it's the best thing to do. Scrubbing twice a day just seems too harsh for any skin type. Once would be better and at night, so that you could wash off all the gunk you get during the day and products you may be using in the mornings (sunscreen?, makeup?, etc.). If dry, using a scrub (.), I think, would not be okay. A creamy cleanser would be better for dry skin.

You really just have to see for yourself what your skin can handle and how it will react.