Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

okay i want to get a proffessional tca peel this summer. i bought one online but it wasn't strong enough and i kept on peeling with slight results. so i decided to get one really good one, peel and get better right?

so then i ask my mom if we could just go to a free consultation at a cosmetic surgeon and she goes CRAZY. she went mad and said a whole bunch of things like you cant move your face and a whole other bull that has no medical backin whatso ever. so i got pages and pages of information for her to look at and she never looked at a single page.

after about a month of bickering from her and my older brother(mostly them telling me bull) she said when you get older and have your own money go do it. im not having any bloodguilt on my hands. im thinking bloodguilt?(she thinks im gonna die or at least get severly difigured.) so this summer im working to get that skin peel.

when i do earn enough money how should i get the procedure done? im underage so i cant go alone and both my brother and mother wont support me. they are my only close by family. what should i do?

okay i want to get a proffessional tca peel this summer. i bought one online but it wasn't strong enough and i kept on peeling with slight results. so i decided to get one really good one, peel and get better right?

so then i ask my mom if we could just go to a free consultation at a cosmetic surgeon and she goes CRAZY. she went mad and said a whole bunch of things like you cant move your face and a whole other bull that has no medical backin whatso ever. so i got pages and pages of information for her to look at and she never looked at a single page.

after about a month of bickering from her and my older brother(mostly them telling me bull) she said when you get older and have your own money go do it. im not having any bloodguilt on my hands. im thinking bloodguilt?(she thinks im gonna die or at least get severly difigured.) so this summer im working to get that skin peel.

when i do earn enough money how should i get the procedure done? im underage so i cant go alone and both my brother and mother wont support me. they are my only close by family. what should i do?

I'm assuming that your pages and pages of information included the permanent risks. If your mom and/or brother read those, I can see why they don't want you to do the peel. They are just worried that you're going to irreversably damage your skin and want to prevent you from making rash decisions. However, I can understand your point of view that the end result can be beautiful skin; just keep in mind though that you won't necessarily experience the spectacular results others do.

Be careful with free consultations. I went to one once and here was my experience:

The doctor sat down with me for about five minutes, if that. He only took the time to acknowledge my concerns and determine a treatment; he did not cover the risks of those treatments or any possible alternatives. He then proceeded to write up a "prescription" for some products from a very expensive skincare line which he gave his nurse, and it was implied that I was obligated to purchase them by her and the rest of the staff. Luckily, I did not purchase any of them. (By the way, the products were no better than what I could find from less expensive brands.) My grandmother, who accompanied me to the consultation, got into a discussion with his receptionist and the subject came up concerning my constantly chapped hands. The receptionist then told my grandmother that the Dr. could take a look at my hands while I was still here like it was no big deal. The doctor said that I had eczema (which I already knew) and wrote up a prescription lotion (in addition to some new product recommendations from a slightly less expensive brand), of which "free" samples were provided. After I took a look at the prescription, the receptionist stated that we now owed $150 for the "second" consultation because it was a medical consultation, while the original consultation was a cosmetic consultation. My grandmother got very upset at this and the receptionist quickly added that if we didn't take the samples we wouldn't have to pay the fee.

i dont want a consultation i want this off my skin this summer. its gonna be my money so i dont mind paying. i dont have cystic acne, actually my acne is not severe. it was very severe befre but now i still cant get over the crappy skin i have. i know that a skin peel is gonna help my skin greatly and my mother really didnt know what she was talking about. i have researched this for 2 years and i know (for the most part)what im talking about. i just need to take that last step.

You're entitled to do what you want to your skin, but I still say that your mother and brother don't want you to make a rash decision. They are probably thinking that even though you have researched the peel and know you want it now, you may have a different take on performing the peel if you were older, especially since you say your acne is not severe.

Just out of curiosity, what treatments have you tried?

call and setup an appointment with your pediatrician, tell him or her about the situation and he/she can likely setup or recommend a dermatologist for you to use. I dont believe you need a parent for any of that.

My concern would be paying for the peel, they usually only work in sessions and each sessions can cause hundreds....

Good luck in any case

ive take alot of prescription and over the counter drugs and certain options my mother would not let me take such as antibiotics. because they are not good for you. dont get me wrong my acne is not as severe in terms of cysts and scars but it isnt like 10 pimples on my face either. now my face is extremely bumpy(not pimples) and very discolored. nothing deep though. ive been to a dermatologist that didnt listen to anything i wanted or cared about but only listened to my omther and gave me topical medications that made me crap blood. ive been through alot since i was 8 years old to 8 years later now and now i have an option to get better so im gonna take it. and this is not a rash choice, belive me i have plenty of time to see the positives and negatives to this. this has been the best ive seen my skin so far though so its less severe that what it used to be. (btw im not trying to come off as arrogant or mean if i am)

u dont come across as arrogant, u just need to get professional advice, and do this through your pediatrician... it may or may not be what you need.

u dont come across as arrogant, u just need to get professional advice, and do this through your pediatrician... it may or may not be what you need.

my pediatrician dosentlisten either. she just gives topical stuff that ive tried already and didnt work. there is no reasoning with them and ive had three. three pediatricalns and a dermatologist wont listen to what i want. they just give me topical creams and streroids that make me crap blood. and i cant try tetrecycline or oral antibiotics because of my mom. so i have to do this.

btw my mom only dosnt want me to do it because one day she was working and a customer came to her job and the costermers face was brown like leather and tight. and this is the reason my omo dosent want me to have one. i just realized that the lady since she had recently gotten a peel hadnt gone through the peeling stage yet. my mom thinks that they peel you skin then and there. how can i agree with someone who doesnt even know the facts? :wall: