Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amz

how long should you take oxytetracycline

I'm taking oxytetracycline to clear my acne on my face, I have been taking it for a week now and my face looks so much better, what I want to know is should I stop taking it when my face is 100% clear? If I do stop and my acne comes back again should I just go on BP or continue with the Oxytetracycline.

I'm taking oxytetracycline to clear my acne on my face, I have been taking it for a week now and my face looks so much better, what I want to know is should I stop taking it when my face is 100% clear? If I do stop and my acne comes back again should I just go on BP or continue with the Oxytetracycline.

Depends how fast it works for the individual. I think around 4-6 months normally regardless of whether you clear up sooner.

You should really continue the course of antibiotics untill the pack the doctor has given you has finnished, otherwise you increase your chances of the acne coming back even worse.

I was on it for two months and saw no change.

My derm told me that it wasn't uncommon for other derms to put people on antibiotics for 6-8 months and so on - But I refused to do that.

Ps: make sure you're taking some probiotics to top up your good bactieria ;)

You should really continue the course of antibiotics untill the pack the doctor has given you has finnished, otherwise you increase your chances of the acne coming back even worse.

I was on it for two months and saw no change.

My derm told me that it wasn't uncommon for other derms to put people on antibiotics for 6-8 months and so on - But I refused to do that.

Ps: make sure you're taking some probiotics to top up your good bactieria ;)

I would advise taking probiotics after you have completed your course. Taking them during the course may limit the antibiotics effectiveness

Well I too found using it to be the biggest waste of 8 months, and that's when I initially lost all faith that medics could actually help!

In fact; anything, in my opinion, from the Tetracycline family of products is crap...!

I have been taking it for about a week now and I see a lot of improvement. If this keeps on working I am gonna stay on it until I finish the course and go to see my doc and ask him what I need to do after. But I want to ask you guys here should I continue taking this or should I stop after the course and if the acne comes back go on BP?