Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Let me just just note that we're not born with acne "gene".. we are born with DNA that makes us more likely to get acne. For example some people can gain lots of weight by eating 700 calories and some don't gain any weight but eat over 2000 cal.

I guess the genetic part of it is how our bodies react to toxic foods and how they get rid of it. Maybe even how strong liver is.. etc..

Another example, my so called "bestfriend" always eats .. excuse my language "garbage" I mean, the worst foods and food combinations you could possibly imagine. And her skin is FLAWLESS!!! I mean, she wears no makeup and looks like a model. So maybe diet isnt that much of a factor, but how our bodies react to food.

Another example is, me and my other friend are both white. When we tan, I get really really dark in a matter of minutes, and I dont burn. And she gets burned easily..and doesn't tan.

So there's a genetical factor that determines how we react to sun..

I cant explain myself better.

Of course there are genetic factors. The food part I am not sure I really agree with. If that was true, why do people "outgrow" acne if it is a genetic problem with how our bodies deal with food?

Of course there are genetic factors. The food part I am not sure I really agree with. If that was true, why do people "outgrow" acne if it is a genetic problem with how our bodies deal with food?

Not sure??... Just a thought. Maybe we develop immunity or maybe our bodies give up and convert to destroying something else (inside organs) ... that was just a thought.

Much like those born into rich families are more likely to be rich in their lifetimes, genetics makes people more prone to acne.

This isn't to say people who are from rich families have a gene that makes them rich, there are just environmental factors that makes them more likely to be rich.

Yep, and those who are poor are usually, constantly trying to get what the rich have.. except they work much harder and get less in return.

I have acne... my mom has acne... and even my 70 year old grandpa still has acne!

It is genetic.

You look normal to me, what are you talking about? 1 pimple is not acne to me .. lol.. I wish I had ONE pimple only :( *sigh*

this is one belief to answer your question... what I can remember reading from Wai at www.freeacnebook.com

Acne is common in teenagers around the time of puberty because during this time much sebum (oil) is produced.. If the sebum canals which transfer the sebum to the skins surface are pinched off.. then a pimple occurs... Some people do not have excess oil production, or more commonly their sebum canals are not pinched off.. Sebum canals are most commonly pinched off by excess water under the skin which is caused by foods containing toxins... Maybe some people do not have this problem from the food they eat because their bodies can eliminate these toxins more efficiently.. like you were about how are our bodies react to food... :dance::clap:

Because are bodies are genetically programmed to change their expression over the lifespan, and that includes how we express ill-health, and/or our poor diet. That's part of the aging process and why my hair won't be this colour when I'm 86yo.

It is my belief that I am genetically predispositioned to express a poor diet with acne. My friend, with glowing flawless skin, who eats crap expresses her poor diet through her own unique genetic patterns (ie. mood swings/asthma/diabetes/early-onset arthritis etc etc, any number of ways). I'll probably outgrow acne with aging eventually (32yo and still counting), but if I continue to have a poor diet and lifestyle, I'll no doubt develop other symptoms of ill-health that I am also predispositioned to expressing at the right part of the timeline (maybe breast cancer, osteoporosis, arthritis, ovarian cancer, etc etc etc, whatever the case may be).

The quality of the food we eat is directly tied in to our health. And the expression of our ill-health is directly tied to our genes. It seems so logical to me!

Ciao for now,

Pinky

My two pennies. I think what we might inherit from our parents is the so-called weak link in our system. In case of people who has acne running in their family it may be that they inherit 'weak' liver. Not exactly weak, but liver is the weakest link in their system. And toxins, parasites and other nasty stuff hit the weakest link first.

I don't think that acne is genetic. It's just that due to your genetic makeup you are more likely to manifest acne when your body is overly toxic and acid. Other people react differently to toxicity. Some may get recurring headaches, bad breath, yeast infections, IBS, gain weight, and dosens of other symptoms.

I kinda sense that there people envy other people because they don't get acne under that same conditions. It's not that the other people get a free ride. Most likely they have some other symtoms that you don't have. Nobody really gets a free ride here. If you are toxic and acid then you are bound to have some symptoms.

Be glad that you got acne. Because acne provides almost instant feedback whether what you are doing is actually making your healthier or not. Acne is an excellent early warning system. It warns you before something really bad happens (e.g. cancer).

But yeah, acne is still a pain in the butt : )

on a note pertaining to the genetics. Me and my two brothers have, or have had acne.. Two of us had very bad acne.. The third still young, but doesnt have it too bad.. lets hope it doesn't get any worse. My parents also get a zit here and there? I think that some of the reason that me and my brothers have it so bad is because we are a mix of alot of different nationalities, 8 to be exact. Including 50% from meditaranean countries, where excess oil is necessary to protect the face from the sun.. its late..