Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
theboss

Alrite so I quit all my topicals...

So about 6 weeks ago I was on retina micro .04% duac cream and minocyclin and was getting fed up with sh*T so said 'fu* it' im just gonna go cold turkey and quit everything... so its 6 weeks in now and my face hasnt looked better in as long as ive had acne... Of course its not where i want it to and i still get new acne blasting on me daily but hey it works... I feel like all the topicals/medicines are all only short time cures.. so whats the point in wasting my time :eh:

So about 6 weeks ago I was on retina micro .04% duac cream and minocyclin and was getting fed up with sh*T so said 'fu* it' im just gonna go cold turkey and quit everything... so its 6 weeks in now and my face hasnt looked better in as long as ive had acne... Of course its not where i want it to and i still get new acne blasting on me daily but hey it works... I feel like all the topicals/medicines are all only short time cures.. so whats the point in wasting my time :eh:

yay im glad its working out for you!! :dance: I hope things keep working out!

I'm getting to this point myself. My skin looked much better before I decided to treat it with all these topical prescription products. I can't help but wonder if they are partly causing the worsening of my skin. My chin started looking better a few days after I quit using Differin on it.

The least amount products that prove effective is the best bet. I think the problem is people get greedy and want to use this, that and everything and get every benefit from every product...leaving things a great big mess.

Hey yeh ive quit cleansing all together aswell... my skin is no where near as red or irritated lookin as it was... and the pimples seem to b slowing down each day... which is good...lol... but i think i am goin to spot treat my pimples wit BP at night... maybe that will help... im taking Vitamins A, E, C and multi....which i think may help...oh and i started takin Minocycline... lol

I have a couple of questions for some ppl...

1) How long does Minocycline take to start working?

2) Which Vitamins do ppl recommend for acne and wat dosage?

Any help would b great... :dance:

Thanks

AlKaMiMe :D

Im thinking of quitting for a while too... back in the day when i really didnt give a shit, i had perfect skin. now i try to take care of it using topicals etc.. my cheeks, shoulders and back are fucked.

just gonna try to eat healthy, drinks lots of water, take vitamins. no cream shizzle going on my face for a while.

Im thinking of quitting for a while too... back in the day when i really didnt give a shit, i had perfect skin. now i try to take care of it using topicals etc.. my cheeks, shoulders and back are fucked.

just gonna try to eat healthy, drinks lots of water, take vitamins. no cream shizzle going on my face for a while.

this is me exactly as well, back in the day when I didn't give a shit, my acne wasn't bad at all. i had no red marks, and pimples lasted only a few days. i've quit all cleansers now for the past few months, and things have started to look a little better.

all i use is tea tree oil soap twice a day

skin looking much better now then when i used washes and topicals

Ive stopped using medication on my face since yesterday. Even though I still had some active pimples on my face, I chose to stop right away and follow jan carlo's advice on using apple cider vingar on those pimples. I'm a bit worried though because I have some clogged pores and my face is oily, I wonder whether it will affect it or not (probably will). But I guess the natural way is the best, since last year december, I've tried various kinds of medication on my face. I guess it was all those different stuff that made things worse. Now I've decided to wash with a very small amount of some gentle face wash at night only. In the morning, I've decided only to use warm water and just splash my face a few times (thats what I did when I had 100% clear, pimple-free face and I had no problems at all. Sigh, the good old days :( ).

However, I'm currently taking some vitamins just to help soothe my skin while I'm off of my medications

Anyhow, good luck to people that is brave enough (yeah quitting everything requires some tremedous courage) to try this. Hope things wont turn out too bad over the next month

this is me exactly as well, back in the day when I didn't give a shit, my acne wasn't bad at all. i had no red marks, and pimples lasted only a few days. i've quit all cleansers now for the past few months, and things have started to look a little better.

crap isnt it :wall:

I was thinking of same thing when I can't found anything to work on treating my acne. Then, I found Eurocin Gel. Try it. Now, my regime is dabbing the gel, wait for it to dry, then put on cetaphil moisturizer. That's it.

Yeah, I have to wonder about this. I glanced at jancarlo's thread and feel he might be up to something. I developed these cysts on my temples after coming off birth control, and became very concerned about my previously excellent skin... Then I started breaking out in other areas... Then I started using all these topicals, which just made my skin more angry and sensitive and prone to breakouts...

It sucks because prior to this, I didn't give a rat's you-know-what about my skin... I would shower like every other day, not even wash my face much. Now my skin is sensitive to everything, including the kinds of soap I was fine using before.

I also wonder if you can psych yourself into worsening your skin if you obsess over it. I mean, I'm sure stress hormones decrease your immune functioning, which might make acne worse.

Anyway, good luck going off everything... I'm currently afraid to use almost any product on my skin as well... Just using a little clindamycin.

I should add that my concern now is - now that my skin is in a weakened state - whether going off everything would work. We'll see.

I did this, and the first week or so it was looking good. The reason behind this is that your skin heals a lot faster when you stop putting chemiclas on it. However, you have to be careful, I learned the hard way -- and after two weeks it all started to come back full force.

I think quitting everything works for some people because it just so happens that this is when they are starting to grow out of their acne naturally -- good luck.

I did this, and the first week or so it was looking good. The reason behind this is that your skin heals a lot faster when you stop putting chemiclas on it. However, you have to be careful, I learned the hard way -- and after two weeks it all started to come back full force.

I think you are probably right about that. Another thing for people to consider instead of quitting all topicals completely, is to give your skin a couple of nights off from products every now and then. It may help reduce irriation and promote healing of the skin, but still allow you to continue to use topicals.

hi. i'm jan carlo. i'm happy and excited about you guys. good luck. if you can't find my thread, it's in my signature.

That's very good! I think the thing with prescription medicines is that once you train your skin to not depend on them, your skin will be clearer than it was before you started.

Well said, I felt the same way.

Guest Spike Rules89

IPB Image