Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi I'm 17 and I have been suffering from acne for about 4 years. The last 2 years it has become a lot less milder. I now only have a couple of small pimples and a few blackheads.

I have been using Clearasil ultra stuff for about 2-3 months now, it works-ish. My acne is mild I'd say but my skin does look how I want it to. It has bits of dryness, redness and basically it just doesnt look monotoned how I want it to. My pores are HUGE, not tight and together. I'd really love to fix this and have my skin nice and clean for my 18th. Would I be right in saying that I need somekind of mostiourizer? I've heard some mostourizers can cause acne but ony the ones with oils in. So if i go and buy myself some oil free mostiourizer would I be right in saying that this wouldn't affect my acne but help smooth and clean my skin?

I'm just overwhelmed with all the different advice on what to do. Use the clearasil Ultrain the morning and at ngiht use it again as well as an oil free mostiouizer?

You can certainly try adding in an oil-free moisturizer.

that might help your skin look and feel better.

Unfortunately, pore size isn't always something we can help unless yours look large due to being clogged.

Go to a doctor or dermalogoist and ask for Differin gel, it's a prescribed Gel thats treats acne while is reported to improve the skisn condition overall. It takes a while to work, if you use too much it can cause redness but a small film befor eyou go to bed is fine. It's very mild.

Go to derm and tell him or her about your face. Let him or her examine it and tell you what products can be used.

Second after see the derm make sure you set up a follow up appointment. People are always saying the derm don't know shit ! Blaming the derm when it's really their fault because if you truely want clear skin your work with the derm. Also, the follow up appointment is so derm can see if the product him or her gave you is working if not derm giving something else. I just had my follow up appointment and she saw my face and :shock: because the stuff she gave me wasn't working that good so she gave something else. I have another follow up appointment with her in August. Hey you just keep having follow up appointment until you get clear skin.

Go to a doctor or dermalogoist and ask for Differin gel, it's a prescribed Gel thats treats acne while is reported to improve the skisn condition overall. It takes a while to work, if you use too much it can cause redness but a small film befor eyou go to bed is fine. It's very mild.

Agree. It takes about a month for it to work. But you have to apply Benzaclin (or Clindamycin w/ BP) first and then Differin if you want it to work faster. It worked for me. Also use gentle face wash with no sodium laureth/lauryl sulfate. A gentle face wash with PCMX or chlorhexidine gluconate would be better (AloeGuard, Tattoo Goo, Techni-Care, Hibiclens, etc.)

A couple of previous posters mentioned trying Differin. I just wanted to relay my own experiences with it which weren't very good. I had very mild acne when I started the Differin, and it made my skin much worse (mostly on my chin). I am still clearing up the acne breakout I got from that stuff. Unless you have an ongoing acne problem or lots of blocked pores, I can't say I'd recommend trying Differin. It sounds like your skin is in pretty decent shape at the moment - you might not want to risk the initial breakout some people get from Differin. My skin was in much better shape before I used it.

You might be better off trying a salicylic, glycolic, or mandelic acid product. They will help exfoliate your skin, unblock pores and smooth out your skin tone. Some popular products are:

-Paula's Choice (1% or 2% salicylic)

-Vivant, Garden of Wisdom, or NuCelle Mandelic acids

-Neutrogena Healthy Skin moisturizer (with AHAs)