Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ppx11

Feedback on treating hypertrophic (raised) scars..

I have several raised scars on my body that I plan to treat during the summer and after looking through this site, I think cortisone injections are a good way to go. Has anyone tried it? How much was it? How fast did it heal? And is there anyone who has had success getting rid of raised scars with other treatments? Thanks.

I have several raised scars on my body that I plan to treat during the summer and after looking through this site, I think cortisone injections are a good way to go. Has anyone tried it? How much was it? How fast did it heal? And is there anyone who has had success getting rid of raised scars with other treatments? Thanks.

Hiya,

It is possible that your raised scar is far beyong treatment from the method you described.

I have a burn scar on my forehead that is slightly raised and after twenty years of seeking advice in the hope of a solution, I saw the "extreme makeover USA" series a coupel of years ago and contacted Dr Anthony Griffin in Beverly Hill, USA. We had a telephone consultation last year and he gave me some names of surgeons/dermatologists in the UK who may be able to assist. He did say that the scar that I have can be improved dramtically. Dr Griffin, an African American surgeon who has also been on the Oprah Winfrey show many times, has a lot of experience with treating dark-skin types. One of the problems I have found in teh UK is that the surgeons/dermatologists that I have come across have no experience with treating dark-skin and therefore say that 'nothing can be done'. I have experienced this over twenty years now. I am so tired now. I actually paid to see a private surgeon years ago and paid him £120 for his time where he said exactly that. He did not even offer retin-A, Hydroquonine or any other possibilities to help. Disgraceful!

I saw a Dr Chris Inglefield in July 2005 at London Bridge hospital, tel 08450 092 775, he is a caucasion surgeon with a Trinidadian accent (humm!). Very experienced and helpful. He has already quoted me £4700 (laser scar revision) and £600-£1100 (Obagi Peel). I just need to raise the funds! Amazing ehh! For the first time in my life I achieve breakthrough with improving my scar and I can't afford it.

Good Luck!

Regards.