Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alisonjs122

Who here takes Low Dose Accutane?

I'm about a month into treatment, and my skin seems slightly better, although I have developed a lot of blackheads on my nose. Is this the "purging" phase? Also, the inside of me nose and lips are really dry. Has anyone else had experience on a low dose, longer course of accutane? If so, please share your experiences. Thanks!

I'm about a month into treatment, and my skin seems slightly better, although I have developed a lot of blackheads on my nose. Is this the "purging" phase? Also, the inside of me nose and lips are really dry. Has anyone else had experience on a low dose, longer course of accutane? If so, please share your experiences. Thanks!

I am on 30 mg for 6.5 months (I weigh about 120llbs). I just started my third month and things are working out great, although I still get the odd spot here and there. I dont really have much in the way of side effects - lips occassionaly dry (but this is getting less severe) and occassional aches and pains, all mild. I am being treated by a derm in Hong Kong and he tells me that the standard treatment there is around 20 to 40 mg per day, which is considerably lower than a number of the dosages you see on this board. He told me that what matters is the cumulative dose, rather than the daily dose.