Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,i'm a 18 year old chinese girl from Asia.

I started to get acne by the end of March 2006.Bout 2 to 3 years ago i have good skin,not to say good,well,at least,clear skin.Later on,i'll get breakouts ocasionally but that doesn't really bothers me.Case worsen until end of last year,i have lots of pimples.Right now i clearly know why i had lots of pimples last year,mostly because i don't eat proper meal and i don't use cleanser,unaware of personal hygiene and insomnia(but i've not been having good sleep for like,4 years?).

Okay,back to the story.I was having holidays before i started to enter college in the middle of March this year.And by that time i fell for a hot girl in my work place.It's not really strong,actually it's just like,but it's torments me a little since i'm having problem with my sexual preference.I thought of her a lot during March,always thought of a way to get closer to her and such.And when i quit that job,i started to missed her a lot,and i was glad i quit early cause i started to have those nasty red marks on my cheek,i'm glad she didn't see it.And there i was thinking i could see her again once my acne is healed.And i noticed that i don't get enough sleep and i tried to force myself to sleep before 12 instead of 2,3 o clock.However,it's so suffocating to lie down on bed doing nothing,i always get nap and tired during daytime,i know that alone is already a problem.

Right now,i'm posting this because i can't sleep after forcing myself to sleep for an hour,it's just too suffering.I think that the more stress i give to myself,the case is gonna be worsen.For example,i always think "right,i'm gonna make myself to sleep before 12 today" but i always ended up sleeping late cause i'm giving myself stress!!

Lazy pigs out there please give me some advice how to make you sleep.

Your reply will have my utmost appreciation

lazy pigs? haha what the fuck...

anyways, here's a few tips.

-DONT take naps, long ones that is. short, 30 minute refreshing ones are fine. otherwise you can fall into a nasty cycle of always napping during the daytime and becoming an insomniac at night, which it sounds like your at.

-get to bed 15 minutes earlier each night. establish the bed time you want and work your way there.

-avoid excessive light before bed.

i tried all those...it doesn't help cause my mind is bothering me.

i think i need someone to hyptonize me for me to get to sleep

try chamomile or other relaxing teas before bed. try reading before bed. both of those could get your mind relaxed / elsewhere.

It's your stress levels and if you are losing excessive amounts of sleep that can be bad too. Stress can cause your hormones to get all wacky and therefore produce more sebum which cause oily skin and acne. If i were you i would concentrate entirely on getting my stress under control and worry about sleep later. Less stress equals more sleep. It's like killing 2 birds with 1 stone. Stay calm and do things that keep your mind off of your skin. I know it can be very stressing but you'll get better with time so don't flip out too much.

What products or medicine are you using for your skin?

You could try with low doses of melatonin

It worked for me

Lack of sleep plays havoc with your metabolism hence your sugar levels and your hormonal levels and make your body more susceptible to bacteria as lack of sleep weaken the immune system and the liver too

So lack of sleep contribute to whatever kind of ailment including acne or crispy hair and dry/oily skin

Danny

What worked for me- Ambien CR and Elavil... Ambien CR is obviously a sleep aid and I found it worked better than the regular Ambien. Elavil is an antidepressant but is used off-label to treat insomnia.

I wonder if I have insomnia. I can easily stay up until 5 in the morning.. even if I woke up early that yesterday morning... im usually very hyper too when I stay up that late.. and im by myself, so I usually just stay on the computer. I kind of have a really bad internet addiction too :doh: .. around 5 I have to force myself to go to bed because I always get yelled at the next day for "being lazy for sleeping in so late".

I wonder if I have insomnia. I can easily stay up until 5 in the morning.. even if I woke up early that yesterday morning... im usually very hyper too when I stay up that late.. and im by myself, so I usually just stay on the computer. I kind of have a really bad internet addiction too :doh: .. around 5 I have to force myself to go to bed because I always get yelled at the next day for "being lazy for sleeping in so late".

No you do not have insomnia. Insomnia isn't a case of being easily able to stay up, it's a case of not being at all able to go to sleep. I am an insomniac. I typically get 3-5 hours of sleep a night, fragmented, ebcause I can't stop thinking. The night before last (IIRC) I tried going to bed at 9pm, not having to get up til 10am the next day. I still got just over 5 hours of sleep (fragmented). That's insomnia.

Although I have found recently that camomile tea helps a bit.

Guest Spike Rules89

I just stay up to late. I don't sleep at nite. During school I had times where I would pull all niters.