Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
annafirks

Please help me, what are these stupid bumps!!

Dear all,

I'm new to this forum and have been searching frantically in search of someone who says they have the same as me.

Here's the problem: I see people with acne but it just seems different to mine. Many would say that mine are not so bad because they often don't come to a head unless i squeeze them. But they are ALWAYS there, to some extent or another.

I often seem to wake up with clearer skin and then the bumps reappear within ten or fifteen minutes. My skin has a horrible bumpy appearance, particularly in light. It looks more like an alergy and people who see it often think it is an alergy, but the bumps are all full of pus! And they don't seem to go away unless i squeeze them, which then makes them look much worse!

And here's my next problem: There are so many things i can do to try and get rid of them that i don't know what to try! I'm nearly 30 now and have had them for about ten years i reckon. If anyone comes up with a solution i will be eternally grateful!

So what do people think?

Could it be hormonal?

Could it be an alergy?

Could it be face mites?!

I am going to try the skin clear regime. I am crossiong my fingers and trying to stay positive, but it's hard when you've been ugly for this long!!!

Yours desperate,

Anna :wall:

The majority of my acne is what you have described. I still get the old fashioned zits, but for the most part it's tons of little bumps, the result of clogged pores. I've made efforts to rid myself of clogged pores through scrubs and retinoids, but what seems to work best are antibiotics and the temporary relief of a new regimen. This is just me though. When I first started using Dan's regimen (though I've been on BP for ages), the little bumps went away. Unfortunately, they came back. My advice: Enjoy the relief the Regimen might bring and see about antibiotics (your bumps are puss-filled after all) or retinoids. I hate the bumps. And I hate fluorescent lighting.

I really think your ph is off in your body and you need to detox your organs. First things first, cut out white flour, refined sugar, dairy, and hydrogenated oils. I know this sounds extreme but your body is too acidic because of these things are continuing to eat them is only perpetuating the problem. Must change diet!! Many people have an allergy to dairy products and don't know it. Reason being, once natural dairy is pasteurized, thus killing all of the good bacteria and molecularly changing its stucture, our body cannot break it down properly and becomes a toxin once inside our body. The same goes for hydrogenated oils. They are toxic! Toxins come out through our skin as acne. Also, as funny as it may sound, I started using just water on my face with a warm to hot cloth, no moisturizers, NOTHING, and my face completely cleared up. If I need a little moisture, I use pure Aloe Vera with Vitamin E. I also started following these eating guidelines as well. I do not have one blemish on my face, my skin looks vibrant and healthy, and I cannot remember the last time this was the case. It never hurts to try. It's a healthier lifestyle anyway.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice KimmyD,

On this occasion i hope you're wrong as i love cheese, and choclolate occasionally! But i seriously don't eat a lot of these things sometimes and the spots don't seem to get better at these times. I have been in Asia and living on rice and vegetables for a month. Nothing improved. I was also told that intolerances tend to affect your forhead. My forehead is clear, as is my nose. My real problem area is my jawline and chin.

I have also tried the "using nothing" method. I am a simple girl(!) and don't fuss with makeup and things unless i think i need it. I used to use nothing on my face, but it didn't work for me. I am really pleased for you though, i know how iritating a spotty face can be.

Anna :think:

I have 3 of these bumps on my chin recently. I apply Eurocin gel constantly throughout the day and they healed within 7-10 days.

Hey annafirks,

I have the same skin as you basically. Lots of little bumps that are barely noticeable, but moreseo in the light, and will exude puss if picked. Nothing has worked for me on a long-term basis either - now looking into Accutane to see if that can be the answer.