Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been using clearasil benzoil peroxide cream for many years but after hearing it can cause skin cancer if used too long I am looking for a different non BP product.

http://www.eastparkresearch.com/benzoyl_peroxide_warning.htm

funny how this site advertises a regimen that consists of using LOTS of benzoil peroxide..

does anyone have any other products? I have very mild break outs. Maybe 1 or 2 pimples a month while using BP.. so i am not really sure if i would get more break outs if i was off it. I usually use it once every second day with a thin layer.

I've been using clearasil benzoil peroxide cream for many years but after hearing it can cause skin cancer if used too long I am looking for a different non BP product.

http://www.eastparkresearch.com/benzoyl_peroxide_warning.htm

funny how this site advertises a regimen that consists of using LOTS of benzoil peroxide..

does anyone have any other products? I have very mild break outs. Maybe 1 or 2 pimples a month while using BP.. so i am not really sure if i would get more break outs if i was off it. I usually use it once every second day with a thin layer.

ditch BP, horrible stuff, irritates more than anything else and can cause damage to the skin if overused or if you decide to go go sunbathing during any time u are/have been using it.

Try antibiotics (tetracycline) or there is quite a good topical euthrymicin lotion for acne that your doc should be able to give you. Otherwise excercise, natural sunlight and a good diet and ditch the BP and acne washes, they just irritate skin more.

BP works well for a lot of people and has been used for nearly half and century with no evidence that it increases the risk of cancer in humans.

You do know that almost everything these days contributes to cancer. for example:

Aspartame: found in many items including diet coke

garden hose nozzles: the recycled plastic is chemical treated and thats why its not a good idea to drink from a hose!

I can go on... but you get the point!

Even asphalt from the road, which is practically everywhere sopposedly gives you cancer. Im sick of all this "research" from scientists!

wow, another thread about this.

get over it people, pretty much every scientist has said something about everything in the world and it causing some sort of disease. you cant keep worrying about shit like that.

and BP can cause damage to the skin if OVERUSED. key word is OVERUSED. when not overused, it helps many peoples acne problems.