Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

has anybody used aqueous cream bp?

my GP recommended it to me for the dry skin

so is this okay to use this after my bp application?

has anybody used aqueous cream bp?

my GP recommended it to me for the dry skin

so is this okay to use this after my bp application?

its just a very plain moisturizer is all, it should be fine to use with BP for sure. Just dont use too much of any poisturizer as you can clog the pores up too.

Aqueous cream is GREAT for dry skin. :dance: I use it :D

But I wouldn't put it on my face for shit... thats a BAD idea.

Aqueous cream is GREAT for dry skin. :dance: I use it :D

But I wouldn't put it on my face for shit... thats a BAD idea.

why is it a bad idea? - do u get side effects from it by using it on your face

it looks like its gnna turn my skin oily, coz i have combo skin, my skin is first dry and then it turns very oily

the creams for dry and chapped skin, which i have but then i start producing so much oil on my skin....

so is it ok to use this even though i have combo skin?

Look, I don't the 'science' behind it...

But Aqueous cream will REALLY block the pores on your face as it is a very heavy cream that has oil (obviously) and other comedeogenic (sp?) ingredients in it.

Surely you can feel how it leaves the skin on your arms/legs and legs once you've rubbed it in... shiny etc. I just wouldn't advise you to use it on your face unless it is a special aqueous cream for the face (And as far as i'm aware - that doesnt exist)

I finally went to a dermatologist, who has prescribed me "PanOxyl' and "Tetracycline." When I asked him about skin-care products, he actually recommended washing (and hence moisturising in one step) with Aqueous Cream! I was sceptical, especially since it essentially looks like a big tub of grease. I did notice one spot pop up the following day and my skin seemed very greasy from there on. I decided to stop using it and instead starting using "Simple" cleansers and moisturisers. However, my skin has since become incredibly dry and uneven! It seems like the dermatologist knew what he was talking about! I may start using it again, hoping that it is fairly non-comedogenic, as a one step cleanser and moisturiser. Since drying of the skin can also contribute to acne (which is why we do not wash our skin seven hundred times a day), "Aqueous Cream" seems like a safe bet. Below is the product description:

For topical use as an external skin cleansing agent and as an emollient for softening and soothing skin. (Essentially: For use as a skin cleanser and moisturiser.)

Good luck, my thoughts are with you!