Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gemini123

pimple with NO HEAD HELP

Hey guys, it's been almost 4-5 days since I've had this pimple right on my nose and its about the size of a pea. Everyday its pinkish red and its pretty damn embarassing and the thing is I can't even pop it because it STILL has no head. I even tried pricking it with a pin but only got a lil bit of pus to come out. Another thing is the pimple doesnt even hurt, it just feels like a bump with pus in it. When i push it down it turns white and then goes back to pinkish red... Is there anyway I can get rid of this pimple ASAP? I've been using BP 10% on it for the past few nights and it still doesnt do anything. Any advice? Thanks!

try steaming it or using a hot compress to bring itto the surface, if none of that helps just ice it for awhile to reduce the swelling. taking an antinflamitory might help too.

Yah try steaming, but if it doesn't come out, just leave it alone. Trust me, if you force it out, it'll look a lot worse and for a longer period of time.

i've been reading up on milia and i think it could be milia by the way its described and symptoms... i've tried steaming and different medications (tea tree, Dans BP, BP 10%, Tazorac, a mask, everything) nothing works. when i touch it it feels like a soft bubble with contents inside and it doesnt even hurt. ive heard naturalis milia treatment works well so i will be trying that. Also i am going to a derm next monday but I got to get rid of this thing asap!!!

It sounds like a cyst to me (pea-sized, doesn't hurt, doesn't have a head). I get these all the time on my chin. Some of them form heads, some never do and just shrink down on their own. Some also don't hurt for the first few days, then they sometimes begin to hurt. My best advice to you would be not to touch it...whatever you are doing to it will just make it worse. If it is going to form a head, it will do so on it's own good time. These kind of zits will give you the worst red marks for quite a while after if you pick at them, so as much as you would love to see it gone it is best if you wait it out. I also find that for me the BP doesn't work too well on these and just ends up drying my skin out, which makes it hard to apply make-up to cover the redness once the bump does start to subside.

Yeah, I have 2 of these things right now. Try putting neosporin and aloe vera on it overnight. It at least calms the inflammation a little.

The last one I had lasted for 2 months. At least it didn't scar...

don't prick or squeeze it. If it doesn't come out within gentle squeeze, try peeling like gycolic peeling or other peeling/exfoliation. Forcing it to come out will leave behind scar!

yea i'ma break it to ya simple, its not gonna go away with anything but bp.theres no point in tryin anyhting else because its not painfull there for any non inflammatory things wont help, its not inflammed its just red from the ski nbeeing irritated.inflammed means some sorft of pain.just keep rubbing bp on it throught the day to make sure its penitrating the pore to kill the infection.that and time will only help