Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cain

I am 13...

I need help. I have acne on my shoulders and face. I am 13 so is it Hormones? I am starting to work out and eating right so that should help can you guys help me out? with some more tips

I need help. I have acne on my shoulders and face. I am 13 so is it Hormones? I am starting to work out and eating right so that should help can you guys help me out? with some more tips

Actually if its hormonal diet wont do anything, and the exercise may raise tetosterone levels. go see a dermatologist man. :) They will tell you why you have this problem and how to treat it before it gets worse.

I have. Alls he did is give me this medicine its called.... Minocyline

i'm 13 too and i got acne on my face, shoulders and back. they gave me the exact same medicine , i've been using it for a month and it doesn't seem to be doing anything. exercising more won't change anything, neither will eating right. i exercise and play sports a lot and it doesnt help at all with acne

i'm 13 too and i got acne on my face, shoulders and back. they gave me the exact same medicine , i've been using it for a month and it doesn't seem to be doing anything. exercising more won't change anything, neither will eating right. i exercise and play sports a lot and it doesnt help at all with acne

Exercising might make your acne worse. And ask for accutane if its real bad.

Working out in the gym seems to make my body acne a little worse but is well worth it. I wouldn't stop just to help your body acne, there will hardly be a noticeable difference

ive just turned 15 and they put me on minocyline for 3 months. it did acctualy get rid of alot of the SPOTS so it dose work, but now i have red scars over my back and im taking sea salt baths which helps a bt, but i sappose all i can do is tan this summer when no ones looking to get the scars coverd lol.. its horrible its all over my back and i cant take my shirt of cus its embaressig

well, i can't take the medicine anymore until my tobbaco job is over. Cause we are outside all day setting it. and it says not to get more than 2 hours of sun per day

Working out can actually aggravate your acne. Eating right can definitely help as well. I'm a vegan and it definitely cleared me up to stop meat and dairy. Seeing as you're thirteen, it probably is hormones.(I'm also thirteen, by the way) For bacne(back and shoulders, really) Using 5% or 10% BP all over will give you pretty good results, or, it has in my case...using 2.5% or 5% BP works for the face, and using Retin-A micro, if it's available, has also really helped me. I hope you clear up soon!!!

Good Luck, everyone!!!

I've had much success with Witch Hazel. I apply T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel (available in the "first aid" aisle of most grocery and drug stores - CVS, Walgreens, etc) with cotton balls after toweling off. The witch hazel acts as a toner/astringent and has surprisingly done a fantastic job for being so simple. I use it on my face and back and supplement my diet with 30mg Zinc Gluconate (available in the vitamin aisle of most grocery and drug stores).

Also to note, don't use products with fragrance, oils, or dyes as they tend to aggravate the skin (I wash with L'Amande soap available online - beautyhabit.com. Good luck.