Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bella03

Kids will say the dardnest things

I went to the beach last summer..and i didn't have any makeup on..

My cousin (about 5) asked me how i got all the mosquito bites on my face..

:cry:

I work with kids everyday and i always wonder what they think when they look at my face..and i pray that they won't say anything like that..

The funny thing is that last year my acne wasn't that bad..haha...i wonder what he'd think now

God i know. I think I would be more willing to go out in public like to the store or to work if I knew that little kids wouldnt jsut say that shit outloud. Its so embrassing.

yea i get the same thing sometimes.. and these little kids in the junior part of my high school r like.. haha u got pimples.. i always threaten em about them getting acne even worse lol

oh and once i was on the train here in sydney, and this girl was just staring at my chin, and i felt like saying wats ur prob.. and once i turned around so i cudnt c her face, i heard her whisper to her friend "omg that guy has a huge whitehead on his chin". so many ppl r really selfish and ignorant these days.... ahh thats life

Yeah that kind of stuff has happend to me on occasions, but with regards to people in their late teens and twenties it's a pathetic character trait and says a lot about them. I comfort my self in the fact that everyone has faults but one of mine happens to be very visible!

I hate the way people judge you by your looks. Not only is it spiteful but also shows how shallow they are. This is one of the reasons why i find it hard to even step outside my front door, i don't want people to stare at me. I get the feeling that sometimes when people talk to me, they're actually talking to my acne rather than me because they get sidetracked by it. I also hate the feeling that they might be thinking "Thank god i don't have bad acne like she does!" Its depressing when you think about it.

i know how you feel.I'm a student studying speech-language pathology and right now i'm working with kids in the public schools with special needs...

i know how you feel too. i used to work with this kindergarten class just as part of a program, and they always asked me what all the red bumps on my face were.

This sounds wierd, but when young kids ask me, i try not to be offended. (emphasis on young) Even though it is embarasing, they often don't know what acne is. I usually give them an honest answer, and they are usually happy with it.

It does stink that they notice it, but remember at one point probably everyone asked what that red thing is on someone elses face was.

Though when older kids or teens stare, it is beyond obnoxious.

I went to the beach last summer..and i didn't have any makeup on..

My cousin (about 5) asked me how i got all the mosquito bites on my face..

:cry:

I work with kids everyday and i always wonder what they think when they look at my face..and i pray that they won't say anything like that..

The funny thing is that last year my acne wasn't that bad..haha...i wonder what he'd think now

You shouldn't get offence for this nor being embarassed

It's different to say something for pure cruelty or for lack of knowledge

They say that in Papua Guinea acne doesn't exist

I'm sure that if a 30 years old Papua Guinea inhabitant would see me he or she would ask what are those bites in my face (unless they have read about acne in the western world, that's it)

It's not age it's not knowing something and the best thing to do is explaining it to people who don't know it

Same thing happened to me, my cousing who is six always asks things why my hair are like that (because I used hair gel I explained) and one day he asked what was the problem with my face

Explaining to him clearly that it was a skin problem due to infected pores not only made him understanding and sympathetic but also made me realized that he knew what it was to feel like I felt because he explained to me, he was embarassed of his missing teeth and holes in his smile

Danny

that's why I don't like kids

one of my cousins admired me (dunno why) and once he said

when I grow up I want to have those red sopts on my face like him

Kid you have no idea of what you are saying

he has now and haven't talked to him...so:P dunno what he thinks

of the red spots

My baby brother said "Mandy, why do you have owies on your face?".. but it was actually reallly cute because he felt bad that I had "owies" and wanted to kiss them to make them go away haha

I wish it was as simple as that

In the past, I use to get comments from my best friend’s little brother. Even though he was only 9 years old and I was 16, I was embarrassed. I thought if he could notice the acne everyone could.

I think it's worse when an adult will bluntly ask a stupid question about acne like "what's on your face?" They are old enough to know better.

At least with kids, you have an opportunity to explain it to them, albeit simply, so that they understand. It's a good opportunity to stop any prejudices and misconceptions early on. Usually when kids are educated about it, they are sympathetic to it. The reason they ask is because they don't know and are honestly curious.

I understand children need it explained to them..it's just embarassing when they do it in front of adults...

It is much worse when adults point it out, like you didn't know...lol

Oh yeah, I agree that it's embarrassing in front of other people. It's the same if anyone asks about it -- I'd rather they approach me one on one and not confront me in front of a group.

I have always found that teens between 12 - 22 (because college students often act about as mature as some middleschoolers) are the worst. In my past, that was, by far, the most cruel age group. Unlike younger children who don't know or don't understand and are truly curious, the teens do know and use it as a weapon. They say cruel and hurtful things, make you the butt of jokes, call you derogitory names, etc.. In Jr. High, I had more kids call me "pizza face" and "zit face" and "crater face" than any other time in my life. In high school, I would hear all sorts of derogitory comments and theories as to why my skin was bad: "she must be dirty" or "she must never take a shower" or "look at the oil just drip from her hair" or "better not touch anything she touches or you'll catch her zits" or "she's so zitty, I bet she has them on her tits too." Oh yeah, no doubt that teens are the worst. Which is ironic, if you think about it.

Now, I'm just blunt about it and bring up the subject myself if anyone is even hinting that direction. I get straight to the point so they don't have the opportunity to say something obnoxious and stick their foot in their mouth. In that case, they'll mostly tell you that they "didn't even notice." LOL - yeah, right.

I will still never forget what I said to my baby sitter was I was 8 (19 now). I remember she had really bad acne, and one day when we were all at the pool, I asked her what all the red marks on her face were. Yeah, karma came back and kicked my ass.

I will still never forget what I said to my baby sitter was I was 8 (19 now). I remember she had really bad acne, and one day when we were all at the pool, I asked her what all the red marks on her face were. Yeah, karma came back and kicked my ass.

I honestly can sort of relate. I started getting acne when i was 14, and now that i look in picture, it was HORRIBLE. The difference was, i was 14 yrs old, i didnt care what i looked like, at all, never checked a mirror and didn't bother. It started becoming a problem when i hit 16-17 and i started to care how i look..

After that, it was just down hill. I think before i was 14, I too would have asked people what's on their face if they had a pimple or something. Life is a like a dick, when it gets hard, you fuck it.

i remember about six weeks ago when the damn ACNEPILL broke me out to all hell one of my co-workers said---

"what happened to your face?"

---"...."

"you know, sometimes when you eat 'da chocolate and candy it makes 'da acne....(yadda yadda)"

and i'm like sitting here thinking "OH my god you slovakian wench shut up and stop telling me how to help my damn skin. don't you think that if it were as god damn simple as not eating chocolate i would have figured it out by now??? but i gave her credit---not only is she a foreigner but she works the night shift----from 11pm-7am. so she's probably a little delirious.

oh and another girl at school, after shouting "holy crap you're breaking out like crazy---oh my god they're everywhere i just want to squeeze one" in front of the class tells me i should drink more water. GOD I HOPE SHE DIES!!!

thank the lord my face is clear again!!!!

lol last year when I had severe acne one of the kids I work with at camp said you should pop all those pimples on your face. He was like 8. I got really mad, and the kid is such a brat anyway, I took him to the office where the director called his house and he got in big trouble.

: - P

one of my friends a couple of times has tried to pop my zits lol, pretty funny when i think about it i guess because hes tried to do it to a couple of other people as well, so it dont make me feel so bad.

and another person i know used to always tell me to pop my zits and says that i only get acne because i dont wash my face.

ive never heard any girls comment on my acne (apart from family) so thats a plus, its only ever boys.

a family friend who was about 9 at the time asked me if i had eczema or chicken pox lol.

when i was 13, one of my cousins(she was around 3 then) asked me why i have mosquito bites on my face. i just laughed it off, of course. but sometimes, it hurts when people keeps looking at your face(bec. of acne), and you just feel like telling them quit looking at it.

my 8 year old cousin asked me why i got chicken pox on my face and nowhere else, my other 10 year old cousin always calls me "pizzaface", and my little sister said my face was reed right out loud. another cousin just stares