Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jophiel

Help! CODE RED!!!

Hey fellas! A few days ago a part of my nose started becoming extremely sensitive to pain. It then became very red, partly because I was messing with it because it really bothered me. Now it hurts a ridiculous amount even to the slightest touch. I have a strong feeling a large zit is growing and I want to cut it dead in its tracks. For a few days my nose just stayed extremely red, but I think it is going to try and form tonight.

How can I prevent this zit from forming? I have sa wash, 10% bp wash, bp gel, 10% ah exfoliant, and neutrogena healthy skin. Please help! I can't stand having this huge red spot for everyone to stare at, especially when I have to go to work tomorrow!

Thanks!

Hey fellas! A few days ago a part of my nose started becoming extremely sensitive to pain. It then became very red, partly because I was messing with it because it really bothered me. Now it hurts a ridiculous amount even to the slightest touch. I have a strong feeling a large zit is growing and I want to cut it dead in its tracks. For a few days my nose just stayed extremely red, but I think it is going to try and form tonight.

How can I prevent this zit from forming? I have sa wash, 10% bp wash, bp gel, 10% ah exfoliant, and neutrogena healthy skin. Please help! I can't stand having this huge red spot for everyone to stare at, especially when I have to go to work tomorrow!

Thanks!

This sounds like something I went through.

One regretful night, I was standing in front of the bathroom mirror assessing my skin and picking at every little thing (as you do). I picked at this miniscule blackhead or something on my nose and it turned really red after that. The redness didn't subside and a few days later it began to hurt and change in texture. A week later, it was bright red, lumpy, painful and was a throbbing mess. A massive red, shiny cyst had formed on the middle of my nose. It was embarrassingly painful. I refused to go out.

I'm inexperienced with cysts, so I drowned it with BP. It was flakey, but after about a week and a half, the pain went away and the lump went down. It didn't fully go away though... 2 weeks later, it was still there. I went to a doctor for a microdermabrasion session and she told me to apply eryacne on it everynight. I did as told and it got worse. The cyst returned and stayed for an extra 3 weeks. It was even worse than before. why on my nose? ANYWHERE but there!! Went back to the doc for a referral to a derm, but she stuck all these needles in it instead.

Anyway, there's no real point to this post... just wanted to share my horrible experience with you. I know how it feels to look like you have something growing on your nose. It's awful and everyone stares right at it. If it feels like a cyst, I'd use istotrex (that worked for me) on it. If it's just your average zit, then I think BP or eryacne would be sufficient. My cyst was really stubborn and wouldn't go away. I have a feeling yours won't linger on for months like mine... so I think BP would be ok.

Between gel, exfoliant, and sa, it stayed small and popped with slight pressure.

Now it's healing, it doesn't hurt, and the redness is starting to go away.

Thanks fellas.

SA is bad for zits n stuff, it can easily infect the infected pore more and make it worse, SA is only good for breaking down blockage in like blackheads and just clogged pores n stuff.the stuff mixed with it are also just another risk of infecting you more so dont use that on any infected places...personally i wouldn't use it on anyhting because you most likely have a SA cleanser which does nothing but probly make your acne worse...SA need to be in a form of something that can be left on which i know nothing about.if you want to get rid of an infection(acne)...pimple/zit then BP is the only thing for the job.it is the only thing that kills the acne. with that and NO MORE PICKING you wont have to worry about those painful very easily preventtable things on your nose (which i've had before)(from picking lol) you shouldn't have to worry about much.just be careful and hella gentle with blackheads.