Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flyingeagle

fraxel vs. co2

I've read that co2 is a bit more powerful BUT it also has significantly longer downtime, greater risks, and more side-effects. If you're colored (e. g., Asian, black) Fraxel is the better option.

you will hear far more negative experiences with co2 here and probably on the net than good.

personally i think co2 was terrible for me. horrific downtime, worry and pain. Any result was temp lasting a few months. Redness lasted for over a year. I believe it was responsible for reactivating my acne that had been dormant for 8 years and it came back with a vengence so much so i had to go on roaccutane. My skin become more scarred and i am left with two demarkation lines under my eyes that after 4 years im still trying to reduce.

I havent had fraxel but so far ppl reporting mainly good things.

I just would recommend staying the hell away from c02

Rather than getting CO2 I would get a dermabrasion as long as your caucasian and not too dark skinned. I am sure that CO2 would work much mroe effectively than Fraxel on slightly deeper scars so if thats what your worried about and have lighter skin tone then i would probably do it. I would say a lot of people say bad things about CO2 and any other laser, but I have seen a lot of peoples before & afters and a lot really do well with it. Just depends on your skin and is a good reason to get a test patch done no matter what resurfacing u choose.