Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

as of about 4 days ago i changed my diet, and i havent had a new pimple and the ones i did have are now gone or just about gone. i started the CSR along with this and boy has it helped. though its only been 4 days i believe it is working because i usually always wake up with a new blemish and i havent since this.

now i just need to get rid of the red marks!

diet:

breakfast: bagel or english muffin (little butter) one piece of fresh fruit, cranberry or orange juice

lunch: romaine lettuce w/ lots of veggies and oil based dressing

dinner- fish (only fresh and no farm raised) or grilled chicked (boneless skinless organic) veggies

optional:one serving of bread at either lunch or dinner, one snack a day

little or no dairy- but no milk or ice cream (staying away from cookies as well)

beverages: only things that are clear or iced tea (not sweetened) or green tea

plus 8 glasses of water a day

i am sooooo glad about my new skin and reading everyones reccomendations helpd me tons!

thank you

the bagel and muffins gotta go... :snooty:

Lol other than that, way to go! Good Luck!!

There are many causes of acne Marr. Maybe bagels and muffins don't aggravate this person's acne, so saying that they have to go isn't right. Are you going to say I have a hormone problem again now? :)

To the original poster: Keep us updated and good luck :)

There are many causes of acne Marr. Maybe bagels and muffins don't aggravate this person's acne, so saying that they have to go isn't right. Are you going to say I have a hormone problem again now? :)

Bagels and muffins, made out of organic grains/wheat can definately stay. White bleached flour is bad for you... google it. :)

Marr I know white bleached flour is bad for you. But if you read the diet/holistic board many avoid all breads due to gluten, etc. All I was saying was that you cannot say to avoid bagels and muffins as that in a general statement and means avoid bagels and muffins. Okay? :)

Marr I know white bleached flour is bad for you. But if you read the diet/holistic board many avoid all breads due to gluten, etc. All I was saying was that you cannot say to avoid bagels and muffins as that in a general statement and means avoid bagels and muffins. Okay? :)

You need help. If you want to know why bleached flour is bad for you (along with corn syrup etc... in foods) go outside and look around at all the obese people.

You need help. If you want to know why bleached flour is bad for you (along with corn syrup etc... in foods) go outside and look around at all the obese people.

lol! Okay :rolleyes:

Ice tea breaks me out because of too much sugar. I have to avoid it.

And the diet ice tea just has splendida or aspartame, which is even worse.

Too bad, it was my favorite drink, worth the sacrifice though.

Bagels and muffins, made out of organic grains/wheat can definately stay. White bleached flour is bad for you... google it. :)

they are both organic and are wheat too.

i dont buy anything that isn;t organic and i try to stay away from sugar, if i do use sugar i use styvia. my mother is in the natural product buisness so our house is full of everything organic/natural (even out hand soap) haha but i am in college so when i am at school it will become harder because dining halls arent too organic friendly, though my university does try its bet.

and, organic veggies and fruits taste a million times better too!

Too bad, it was my favorite drink, worth the sacrifice though.

hmm.. it's my favorite drink too - but i just drink it unsweetened. everywhere i go i can get it sweetened or unsweetened - even mcdonalds!

but i live in the northeast.. so maybe that's why. i've heard sweetened tea is everywhere in the south.

maybe you could try sweetening it with stevia.. that wouldn't be bad at all.