Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I recently quit my job but I really need to get a new one, where do all you people with moderate/severe acne work? I hate how acne/scars drastically reduces the amount of places I can work because of my appearance....

i work at blockbuster. it sucks because its full of people all the time and mirrors everywhere, but i like the free movies i get all the time as an escape from my lame life as of now.

my last job was in a kitchen in a hospital as a kitchen assistant, preparing and cooking food, packing and distributing food to go to various wards in the hospital and personally transporting and distributing special diets to theatre, icu, and burns units, and organising catering for hospital functions.

all of these jobs included either a lot of stress as it was a hospital and there was always a deadline or 3 things that you had to do at once..and a lot of time it involved being in heat...the kitchen was like a sauna-and im sure not good for my skin, it had got a lot worse by the time i left..

im soon to be a nursing student bt at least thats away from the kitchen

so yeh, my advice is dont be a chef or an assistant chef (comi chef) or anything really, in a kitchen or hot place.. steaming your face is one thing but doing it 12 hours out of the day is another thing entirely..

I a pizza delivery guy in the weekends and i love it (its a nightjob so my acne is cleverly hidden by the vail of night when i work :P)

although.. its summer and the days are pretty long now

Guest ilovepancakes

I work at a zoo for the momment. all day i sell hats and chips, its really really boring. At least i get to wear a hat all day, sometimes sunglasses(helps me hide my face)

I work at a zoo for the momment. all day i sell hats and chips, its really really boring. At least i get to wear a hat all day, sometimes sunglasses(helps me hide my face)

cool job, im sure its less boring then a deskjob, at least you get to meet different people all day.

although im no fan of zoo's, the whole keeping caged animals for human amusement thing :think: (sometimes they help endangered spieces so its not all wrong :dance: )

Yeah, I find that's a hard sell too. No one at Subway wants to hire a guy with acne, it seems.

I'm getting pretty desperate myself. Everywhere I apply to I get the:

1. don't call us, we'll call you

2. no response whatsoever

Exactly what happened to me when I was loooking for a job. my parents thought i just wasnt looking or applying myself to get one, but really if i went in for an aplication at any resturant or subway or anything they looked at my face and gave me one reluctantly and said 'i dont think were hiring right now but you can try' I did my current jobs application online so they wouldnt see me. when igot the interview i piled on makeup and had my hair cover most of my cheeks.